Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 123

Thread: What happened to your D3/D4 today?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fremantle WA
    Posts
    2,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco-tastic View Post
    Where from?

    Does it have Denso stamped on in? In looking for other parts i have seen a few aftermarket parts under the "LR" and "OEM" brands (though no alternators).
    We are travelling this fair land and our local Perth Indie (DazzaTD5 on here) sourced it from the local LR Parts people, and had it sent up to us in the bush to be fitted. Will have to check the box to confirm its origin, but he doen't allow improper parts.
    Towtug Apr 19 D4 MY10 2.7 6 speed with LLAMS, long range tank and other goodies - for towing "The Brick"
    Bessie Aug 13 MY95 RRC LSE Vogue SoftDash with MY99 TD5 and 4HP24 transplant - in the LR garage since Apr 18
    SADLY SOLD Disco Dan MY04 D2a TD5 auto Classic Nov 11 - Jun 19

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Baldivis WA
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco-tastic View Post
    The alternator started whining so i ordered a new one. $620 for a Denso from the UK and i still may be up for GST when it lands.

    Over here Densos are $1000+ !!!

    Hopefully thats the last of for a while. Ive spent $3k fixing stuff in the last 6 week's
    Rovacraft WA sells genuine Denso units for 650 ish including GST. I know cause i bought one last December. If thr uk value is less than 1000bucks, they should have added 10% gst already and removed the 15% VAT

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bunbury, WA
    Posts
    1,879
    Hi Tombie.
    I'll be interested to see if a light bar in that position is noisy? I've found anything in front of the step in the roof to howl and buffet badly.

    I had s 40" light bar that fitted perfectly between the factory long rails in front of the step. I had to take it off though as it howled above 80km/h.
    Cheers, Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombie View Post
    Had the D4 for 8 years next month, wow has that gone quick!

    For a guy off-roading a lot youíd think it would be fully decked out already What happened to your D3/D4 today?

    Anyway, bring it was leased I never really bothered as it did everything almost out of the box for 5 years, then a redundancy slowed progress whilst I considered itís future. Well itís future is as a keeper; so onto the build.

    Today was a ďpoint of no returnĒ type of project.

    Drilled out the upper holes for the Prospeed Light bar


    Then 5 of the toughest holes to drill out there! Snorkel bracket.


    Cut the trim panels to accomodate the bracket and the roof bar



    Then fitted that all back on.


    Now itís panel holes and cuts



    Itís now started raining so will take a break.
    Chris


    2014 D4 TDV6
    1954 86" (I'll finish it one day.....)
    1980 Stage 1 v8

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by cjc_td5 View Post
    Hi Tombie.
    I'll be interested to see if a light bar in that position is noisy? I've found anything in front of the step in the roof to howl and buffet badly.

    I had s 40" light bar that fitted perfectly between the factory long rails in front of the step. I had to take it off though as it howled above 80km/h.
    Cheers, Chris.
    I shall let you know What happened to your D3/D4 today?
    Cheers
    Tombie

    Gone - D1 AZZKIKR - 5.0L Supercharged with the lot
    Gone - Tombraider Defender - Lara
    Gone - D2 TD5

    D4 MY11
    - Just about the way I want it.
    D90 MY15 - Just about the way Mrs Tombie wants it.
    New 110 Defender - Satin Green HSE - On Order

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
    Posts
    468
    Got my D4 serviced today (130 K's) & got the MAP sensor cleaned out....totally gunked up Hoping all should be good now after a little EGR work was performed......& a little remap of course . Next on the to-do list is (LONG OVERDUE) tyres. Am currently contemplating Falken Wildpeak AT3's. Has anyone used these & how do they rate them ? I am thinking 265/60 18 seems to be the size most recommend. If anyone has any other tyre suggestions I am all ears. I like the BFG's but find there pricing a little steep. Thanks.
    Current : 2011 TDV6 Grey D4 2.7,Stage one remap, UHF
    Gone : '00 S2 Disco. OME lift, ARB bar & steps, IPF's, Cooper STT's
    Gone : 1998 VFR 800

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    796
    Running them myself. Canít rate them highly enough.
    Quiet, responsive and grip well in all conditions.
    In the mud they are an AT but that excellent side biter gets the job done.
    Cheers
    Tombie

    Gone - D1 AZZKIKR - 5.0L Supercharged with the lot
    Gone - Tombraider Defender - Lara
    Gone - D2 TD5

    D4 MY11
    - Just about the way I want it.
    D90 MY15 - Just about the way Mrs Tombie wants it.
    New 110 Defender - Satin Green HSE - On Order

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,135
    I had falkens on my D2. I canít say enough good things about them
    "Land Rover - making mechanics out of everyday motorists for nearly 70 years"

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,871
    I am running the Wildpeaks as well. Have the same experience as Tombie. They are great tyres for the price.
    Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mcminns Lagoon NT
    Posts
    3,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombie View Post
    Running them myself. Canít rate them highly enough.
    Quiet, responsive and grip well in all conditions.
    In the mud they are an AT but that excellent side biter gets the job done.
    What size are you running?
    Cheers, Dale
    PIC - It comes with the Territory

    'The D3' - 2006 TDV6 HSE
    2008 Kimberley Kamper Sports RV
    Previously Enjoyed:
    2002 Adventure Offroad Campers 'Cape York'
    2000 D2 Td5 - plus!
    1997 Defender 110 Wagon - fully carpeted

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Armidale
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by gofish View Post
    Got my D4 serviced today (130 K's) & got the MAP sensor cleaned out....totally gunked up Hoping all should be good now after a little EGR work was performed......& a little remap of course . Next on the to-do list is (LONG OVERDUE) tyres. Am currently contemplating Falken Wildpeak AT3's. Has anyone used these & how do they rate them ? I am thinking 265/60 18 seems to be the size most recommend. If anyone has any other tyre suggestions I am all ears. I like the BFG's but find there pricing a little steep. Thanks.
    Was contemplating the Falkens but I acted too slow and the buy 3 get one free deal ended for the month so I ended up with Nitto Terra Wranglers 265/60/r18. Very happy.
    From research it was between Falkens, Nitto and Toyos with Falkens best value for money.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!