Page 396 of 414 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 4136

Thread: What happened to your D3/D4 today?

  1. #3951
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric SDV6SE View Post
    Only fronts or the rear fog light too?
    Only the rears actually, as I had the front fogs replaced with Great White spotties, being in Qld I found that much more useful. My motto when driving is "I drive as fast as I can see" so I'm more worried about someone rear ending me.
    2005 D3 TDV6 Present
    1999 D2 TD5 Gone

  2. #3952
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,037

    What happened to your D3/D4 today?

    Quote Originally Posted by RANDLOVER View Post
    Only the rears actually, as I had the front fogs replaced with Great White spotties, being in Qld I found that much more useful. My motto when driving is "I drive as fast as I can see" so I'm more worried about someone rear ending me.
    Please tell how this was achieved in every detail. Having discreet spotties here is all I really need. Bonus if existing wiring can be adapted. I have a damaged stock lens currently.

  3. #3953
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthDisco View Post
    Please tell how this was achieved in every detail. Having discreet spotties here is all I really need. Bonus if existing wiring can be adapted. I have a damaged stock lens currently.
    Not quite sure as I gave it to my mechanic and his auto electrician, I'll look for the invoice/s and PM you.
    2005 D3 TDV6 Present
    1999 D2 TD5 Gone

  4. #3954
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDLOVER View Post
    Not quite sure as I gave it to my mechanic and his auto electrician, I'll look for the invoice/s and PM you.
    Pictures would be good also. Thanks

  5. #3955
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Baldivis WA
    Posts
    1,879
    I upgraded the factory filament globes with Stedi LEDs in the rear fog lamp, as well as the Stefi fog lamp / drl in the ARB bull bar. Plug and play, no need for wiring change.

    Light Bar or spotties no good in fog as we all know

  6. #3956
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthDisco View Post
    Pictures would be good also. Thanks
    Haven't found the invoice yet but I remember the light fitted, at 1st my mech wanted to fit a 90mm but I measured the bezel and said try a 120 mm. The bezel had to be cut just leaving approx 10mm for the clips to still work and the spotties faces are perpendicular with the car, not angled like the fogs IIRC. This leaves a 10-15 mm gap on the outer edges which I just filled with a black plastic folder backing. I also think the foggies had to be butchered to get them out, or to leave their brackets for the new lights to attach to. I got the single COB one (1 Lux at 295m) not the multi LED type. I'll try get pics if I get home in daylight. The auto elec was an agent for Great Whites so he had access to both 90 and 120 mm versions and he made the spotties come on with the std aux spotlight switch not the fog light one, I think the wiring comes as part of the cars std wiring loom, not sure if he had to enable the spotlight switch in the CCF, OBD, etc. Later I did think about asking him to wire the fog light switch to the spotties but drop the voltage to 6V maybe, as foggies really work due to the low mounting position not bouncing the light back off the fog into your eyes, but IIRC the cut out voltage for the LED's was 9V so wouldn't diminish the brightness much.

    Great Whites - Product Brochures - Page 16-17 (publitas.com)
    Last edited by RANDLOVER; 7th August 2022 at 05:59 AM. Reason: korekshun
    2005 D3 TDV6 Present
    1999 D2 TD5 Gone

  7. #3957
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    St Helena,Melbourne
    Posts
    15,126
    Morning guys need a quick response please, is this the correct orientation for the diode in the brake controller circuit?
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah !
    98 TDI AUTO SE DISCO - gone and will be missed.
    2003 Dingo offroad camper trailer
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

  8. #3958
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    St Helena,Melbourne
    Posts
    15,126
    Quote Originally Posted by loanrangie View Post
    Morning guys need a quick response please, is this the correct orientation for the diode in the brake controller circuit?
    Sorted, looking for the green/purple wire in the trailer wiring and the only one there goes from the fuse block to a connector ?
    This is different to what sneigys photo shows ?
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah !
    98 TDI AUTO SE DISCO - gone and will be missed.
    2003 Dingo offroad camper trailer
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

  9. #3959
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    St Helena,Melbourne
    Posts
    15,126
    All done.
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah !
    98 TDI AUTO SE DISCO - gone and will be missed.
    2003 Dingo offroad camper trailer
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

  10. #3960
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDLOVER View Post
    Haven't found the invoice yet but I remember the light fitted, at 1st my mech wanted to fit a 90mm but I measured the bezel and said try a 120 mm. The bezel had to be cut just leaving approx 10mm for the clips to still work and the spotties faces are perpendicular with the car, not angled like the fogs IIRC. This leaves a 10-15 mm gap on the outer edges which I just filled with a black plastic folder backing. I also think the foggies had to be butchered to get them out, or to leave their brackets for the new lights to attach to. I got the single COB one (1 Lux at 295m) not the multi LED type. I'll try get pics if I get home in daylight. The auto elec was an agent for Great Whites so he had access to both 90 and 120 mm versions and he made the spotties come on with the std aux spotlight switch not the fog light one, I think the wiring comes as part of the cars std wiring loom, not sure if he had to enable the spotlight switch in the CCF, OBD, etc. Later I did think about asking him to wire the fog light switch to the spotties but drop the voltage to 6V maybe, as spotties really work due to the low mounting position not bouncing the light back off the fog into your eyes, but IIRC the cut out voltage for the LED's was 9V so wouldn't diminish the brightness much.

    Great Whites - Product Brochures - Page 16-17 (publitas.com)
    Thinking you’d mount them bumper off into something solid behind as stock lights are lightweight with a few flimsy screws.

Page 396 of 414 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!