Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Do both styles of LR 18's fit the Disco 3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51

    Do both styles of LR 18's fit the Disco 3

    Hi all,
    I know wheels have been covered profusley here, and I have done tons and tons of research.
    I was about to get myself a set of tuff ant's however funds have to go elswhere for the time being and it maybe some time before I can splurge on new corners.

    I am looking at factory LR 18inch wheels - I have a V8 Disco 3 HSE. I know for certian that the first style of wheel fits the car as I've seen many Disco 3'swith them - however, does the second style also fit.
    I've stumbled on a good deal and can't try them before I buy.

    Cheers

    wheels2.jpg


    2020-02-27_Gumtree Austral.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,042

    Do both styles of LR 18's fit the Disco 3

    Yep long as it’s not a V8 which had bigger (front) brakes.

    Ahhhhhhhhh - the good old days when LR offered a stock 18” wheel. Damn nice ones they are too.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Perth- South of the River
    Posts
    383
    I'm not an expert and others will be along to give better advice, but as you say you have a V8, my understanding is they have bigger front brakes (as PerthDisco mentioned) so assuming that they will fit because you have seen them on other D3s (most of which will not be V8s) is likely to bite you on the ass-umed part of your anatomy....
    BR David

    Gone: 05 D3 TDV6 ARB Front Kaymar Rear- Dual Wheel; Winch; E-Diff; LRA Tank; Dual Battery; 6 x Steelies BF KM2s
    Current: 2015 SDV6 SE. Corris Grey; Black Pack; Redarc Tow Pro; Mitch Hitch; Llams

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagilmo View Post
    I'm not an expert and others will be along to give better advice, but as you say you have a V8, my understanding is they have bigger front brakes (as PerthDisco mentioned) so assuming that they will fit because you have seen them on other D3s (most of which will not be V8s) is likely to bite you on the ass-umed part of your anatomy....
    Yeah that is my concern! hahahah

    I have read (not sure if true) that the 3.0 has the same sized brakes - so not sure if true.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthDisco View Post
    Yep long as it’s not a V8 which had bigger (front) brakes.

    Ahhhhhhhhh - the good old days when LR offered a stock 18” wheel. Damn nice ones they are too.
    I do have the V8 HSE...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Oohsam View Post
    I do have the V8 HSE...
    You do therefore need 19” or non LR aftermarket 18” Tuffant etc.

    Sorry, didn’t read that initially.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthDisco View Post
    You do therefore need 19” or non LR aftermarket 18” Tuffant etc.

    Sorry, didn’t read that initially.
    Damn it.
    yeah I'm running the factory 19's now.

    Was hoping i could fit one of these 18s for the time being.

    Thanks for the info, glad I checkeD!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mcminns Lagoon NT
    Posts
    3,948
    Deleted as wrong rims identified!
    Cheers, Dale
    PIC - It comes with the Territory

    'The D3' - 2006 TDV6 HSE
    2008 Kimberley Kamper Sports RV
    Previously Enjoyed:
    2002 Adventure Offroad Campers 'Cape York'
    2000 D2 Td5 - plus!
    1997 Defender 110 Wagon - fully carpeted

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bunbury, WA
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Oohsam View Post
    Damn it.
    yeah I'm running the factory 19's now.

    Was hoping i could fit one of these 18s for the time being.

    Thanks for the info, glad I checkeD!
    Ha, I wish we could! If 18" LR rims fitted on a 3.0l D4 then there would have been no business case for Compomotives/Tuffants etc, and 18" LR rims would be worth 10x what you can buy them for now!
    Chris


    2014 D4 TDV6
    1954 86" (I'll finish it one day.....)
    1980 Stage 1 v8

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!