Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Discovery 3 Transmission Fault and recommended Perth repairers

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthDisco View Post
    In the passenger footwell outside kick panel there is wiring coming from the switch panel behind the glovebox plus runs down length of car under the LR emblazoned plastic strip at the door entry point
    Thanks - I will have a look in this area after looking at the photos you posted this area may be affected

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Point Cook, VIC
    Posts
    786

    Discovery 3 Transmission Fault and recommended Perth repairers

    Quote Originally Posted by TDV6Robvdw View Post
    Thanks - I will have a look in this area after looking at the photos you posted this area may be affected
    The wiring running down the passenger side under the door sill is a common area for a bad splice with the brake light switch cable.

    Check out this post which I just came across:

    Discovery 3 Limp on acceleration - Discovery Forum - LR4x4 - The Land Rover Forum

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by justinc View Post
    The battery light coming on and off tends to draw me to checking the charging system first. At 265k yes the trans is on borrowed time, however none of the Transmission failures I have come across have ever had a battery light in the equation. Do yourself a huge favour and get a decent scan tool if doing your own work!!!
    Yeah what he said.

    And also yes Transmissions R US to look at your tranny (is the word tranny going to be offensive?)
    Regards
    Daz


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NSW far north coast
    Posts
    16,025
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzaTD5 View Post
    Yeah what he said.

    And also yes Transmissions R US to look at your tranny (is the word tranny going to be offensive?)
    Not sure, but all my mates fall about laughing when I say I have to service my tranny.....Discovery 3 Transmission Fault and recommended Perth repairersDiscovery 3 Transmission Fault and recommended Perth repairersDiscovery 3 Transmission Fault and recommended Perth repairers

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDB View Post
    The wiring running down the passenger side under the door sill is a common area for a bad splice with the brake light switch cable.

    Check out this post which I just came across:

    Discovery 3 Limp on acceleration - Discovery Forum - LR4x4 - The Land Rover Forum
    Thanks!! Interesting problem. I plan to lift the carpet and the plastic door sill plate things to investigate. I does seem to correlate that the electrical issues have subsided as the carpet in the passenger footwell dries out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!