Page 431 of 444 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 4439

Thread: Won’t be retro...

  1. #4301
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Harper Creek
    Posts
    3,141
    Which is less than Disco5 which sell about 1050 a month in the same market

    Hmm 20” rims might be the difference - big brakes big wheels bigger sales!

    Reality is this LR2020 like all current LR offerings is marketed as an urban SUV and although they have quite exceptional off-road abilities thanks to tech
    The vast vast vast majority of owners will not take them off-road

    And that is just how it is

    S
    '95 130 dual cab fender (gone to a better universe)
    '10 130 dual cab fender (getting to know it's neurons)

  2. #4302
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by goingbush View Post
    Past few posts are more proof to me that this piece of **** JLR are pushing onto the public as their most capable 4x4 ever is 99% road oriented . Yes I agree it will the the most capable 4x4 ever as far as 'on road' performance goes. You don't even need close to that sort of capability on any Australian road. It can stay on the Autobahns as far as I'm concerned. Low Profile tyres have no place at all on an off road vehicle. 17" max imo . I expect i'll see these things pushed into the scrub off the side of the GCR in a few years, ..... if its not sealed by then .
    GB fact wise actually the defenders both long and swb have been shown in moab at road pressures with 20inch wheels and 32s in fairly extreme terrain and have been said to have performed impressively by the guys driving them and by multiple non LR guys that actually saw them in the flesh.

    Its also testing in dubai, snow, africa, autobahn etc etc.

    Its going to perform in all terrains very well in my opinion.

    A true modern tourer/overlander/defender.

    Fact wise the profile options standard will be more than enough

    Go up an inch or 2 and the sidewall will suit even the most hardcore of 4x4ers.

    As previously mentioned Lucky8 run 33s on 18s and have no issues in hardcore terrain and onroad.

  3. #4303
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bellmere QLD
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by roverrescue View Post
    The vast vast vast majority of owners will not take them off-road

    And that is just how it is

    S
    Yep that is just how it is ...... with ALL "SUV" sales in North America, Europe and even here. I would suggest the vast majority of the LC200's sold in Australia will never be taken off road either. Along with the majority of other Toyota's (including Hilux), Mitsubishi, Nissan, etc and you can include the dual cab brigade as well.

    To build a vehicle with "one" purpose i.e. to the best off road excluding all else, in the current economy would be (in my opinion) financial suicide. Compromises have to be made, laws and regulations in multiple jurisdictions have to be met, which means not everyone will like the new vehicle.

    Holden Commodore 1979

    holden-vb.jpg

    Holden Commodore 2019

    2019comm.jpg

    Would people continue to purchase the Holden Commodore if it still looked the same and still lacked the safety that the new one has? No I don't think so and as has been mentioned many many many many many times in this thread..... This is all speculation until the vehicle is released.

    All these spy images and video could still be LR "trialling" diffent size wheels, brakes, engines, suspension, etc we simple don't know. "Leaked" information ..... yeah take that with a huge grain of salt, as we have also seen in this thread, skilled people can do amazing things with Photoshop. Most stuff that comes from social media is people hunting for "likes" whether it is fact or not.
    There is no eraser on the pencil of life.

    Ray

  4. #4304
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yarrawonga, Vic
    Posts
    5,506
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrangie View Post
    GB fact wise actually the defenders both long and swb have been shown in moab at road pressures with 20inch wheels and 32s in fairly extreme terrain and have been said to have performed impressively by the guys driving them and by multiple non LR guys that actually saw them in the flesh.

    Its also testing in dubai, snow, africa, autobahn etc etc.

    Its going to perform in all terrains very well in my opinion.

    A true modern tourer/overlander/defender.

    Fact wise the profile options standard will be more than enough

    Go up an inch or 2 and the sidewall will suit even the most hardcore of 4x4ers.

    As previously mentioned Lucky8 run 33s on 18s and have no issues in hardcore terrain and onroad.
    MOAB SCHMOAB !

    Taking a vehicle into Moab & rock climbing , so the **** what ! Ive been to Moab twice, 1996 & 2005 , theres nothing there that a bog standard Jeep Cherokee can't do. is not challenging.

    Load it up and take a trip to Cape Leveque , Wolfe creek crater or Kalumburu , The sidewall of a tyre is a important part of a vehicles suspension, And 18" tyres have none, let alone 20" tyres. Showing diagrams wont alter the facts.

    Theres no chassis flex either which is another bad point ( yes I know no LandRover has any Chassis Flex) so the suspension will be ****ed after half an hour during any proper off road driving. The sidewalls need some depth so they can do their job.

    Its not the outside diameter or tread pattern that makes an off road tyre good , its the depth of sidewall.

  5. #4305
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yarrawonga, Vic
    Posts
    5,506
    Quote Originally Posted by ChookD2 View Post
    Yep that is just how it is ...... with ALL "SUV" sales in North America, Europe and even here. I would suggest the vast majority of the LC200's sold in Australia will never be taken off road either. Along with the majority of other Toyota's (including Hilux), Mitsubishi, Nissan, etc and you can include the dual cab brigade as well.

    To build a vehicle with "one" purpose i.e. to the best off road excluding all else, in the current economy would be (in my opinion) financial suicide. Compromises have to be made, laws and regulations in multiple jurisdictions have to be met, which means not everyone will like the new vehicle.

    Holden Commodore 1979

    holden-vb.jpg

    Holden Commodore 2019

    2019comm.jpg

    Would people continue to purchase the Holden Commodore if it still looked the same and still lacked the safety that the new one has? No I don't think so and as has been mentioned many many many many many times in this thread..... This is all speculation until the vehicle is released.

    All these spy images and video could still be LR "trialling" diffent size wheels, brakes, engines, suspension, etc we simple don't know. "Leaked" information ..... yeah take that with a huge grain of salt, as we have also seen in this thread, skilled people can do amazing things with Photoshop. Most stuff that comes from social media is people hunting for "likes" whether it is fact or not.
    Bad choice of car in your analogy.

    no one is actually buying the new Commodore !!

  6. #4306
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by goingbush View Post
    MOAB SCHMOAB !

    Taking a vehicle into Moab & rock climbing , so the **** what ! Ive been to Moab twice, 1996 & 2005 , theres nothing there that a bog standard Jeep Cherokee can't do. is not challenging.

    Load it up and take a trip to Cape Leveque , Wolfe creek crater or Kalumburu , The sidewall of a tyre is a important part of a vehicles suspension, And 18" tyres have none, let alone 20" tyres. Showing diagrams wont alter the facts.

    Theres no chassis flex either which is another bad point ( yes I know no LandRover has any Chassis Flex) so the suspension will be ****ed after half an hour during any proper off road driving. The sidewalls need some depth so they can do their job.

    Its not the outside diameter or tread pattern that makes an off road tyre good , its the depth of sidewall.
    Using swear words doesn't get your point across any better to me GB.

    So the profiles i pointed out? Thoughts?

  7. #4307
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    15,414
    Quote Originally Posted by goingbush View Post
    Bad choice of car in your analogy.

    no one is actually buying the new Commodore !!
    Yep local dealer now selling them new for $26K on the road.
    REMLR 243

    2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
    1977 FC 101
    1973 Haflinger AP700
    1971 Jaguar V12 E-Type Series 3 Roadster
    1957 Series 1 88"
    1957 Series 1 88" Station Wagon

  8. #4308
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bellmere QLD
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by goingbush View Post
    Bad choice of car in your analogy.

    no one is actually buying the new Commodore !!
    I know someone would come up with that and it is irrelevant.

    People aren't buying it because they can get better quality cars at cheaper prices.

    No one is buying Land Rover's either. VFACTS May 2019 figures, Land Rover 841 down 1.1%

    As I have said before, let's hope LR get it right on quality and price.
    There is no eraser on the pencil of life.

    Ray

  9. #4309
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yarrawonga, Vic
    Posts
    5,506
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrangie View Post
    Using swear words doesn't get your point across any better to me GB.

    So the profiles i pointed out? Thoughts?
    I'm no wordsmith, swearwords flow easier, If I had to take the time to look up a thesaurus then my momentum would be lost & i just would not bother continuing with the reply. 18" & above tyres suck, that all there is to it, A perfect world would be 16" . Fact is I'm never going to want one of these . EVER, even if JLR gave me free use of one for a year I would not take it. . so Im really should keep my nose out of it.

  10. #4310
    Homestar's Avatar
    Homestar is offline Super Moderator & CA manager Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sunbury, VIC
    Posts
    16,136

    Won’t be retro...

    Quote Originally Posted by 101RRS View Post
    Yep local dealer now selling them new for $26K on the road.
    And still not selling them...

    Maybe I'd grab one for $10k. I should go offer that to my local dealer and see if I get told...

    Edit - there's a few poor sods trying to sell second hand base models with 40kkm on them for about than that on car sales...


    1977 101 FC - 'Chucky'
    1986 Classic RR - 'Thing'
    1976 Series III Tray
    1997 Honda CBR1000F
    2003 L322 - Gone to a new home.

    'Love with your heart - use your head for everything else.' - CaptainDisillusion

Page 431 of 444 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!