Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Land Rover 6x6

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by cripesamighty View Post
    Mick,

    Something you may not be aware of. How heavy is the caravan? From memory the tow weight on the Perenties (4x4 and 6x6) was limited in military service and less than the equivalent civilian versions. I'm sure others will be along to give you the specifics.


    Cheers,

    Cripesamighty
    Thanks for that important info re the tow weight. After a few hours searching, I came up with Gross Trailer Mass of 900kgs. GVM of 5.6t GCM of 7.1t open road and cross country. 1500kg difference. Both are way to light for towing my van. I will have to do a lot more research on this.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western Victoria
    Posts
    14,132
    I think the 900kg is for the 4x4.



  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Sydney
    Posts
    2,499
    The 6x6 towing capacity is 1500kg.

    I've no doubt this could be changed quite easily.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western Victoria
    Posts
    14,132
    What documentation did you get that from or did you just subtract 5.6t from 7.1t?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Sydney
    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Marsh View Post
    What documentation did you get that from or did you just subtract 5.6t from 7.1t?
    A few websites state it, I've not looked at anything official.

    However I went with that as the GCM-GVM is 1500kg like you say...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western Victoria
    Posts
    14,132
    Quote Originally Posted by MR LR View Post
    A few websites state it, I've not looked at anything official.

    However I went with that as the GCM-GVM is 1500kg like you say...
    Which websites? You got links?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    11
    Mick Im sure that they well capable of towing 3 to 4t, but what is marked at the tow capacity is what is legal. I know the Series2 and I think 3 110 were rated at 4.5t.
    My interest in the 6x6 is cooling because of this, as I need at least a 3t rating to tow my van.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by MR LR View Post
    The 6x6 towing capacity is 1500kg.

    I've no doubt this could be changed quite easily.
    Manufacturers set the tow capacity.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart in the Deep Nth of FNQ,Body in the Deep Nth of Brisneyland
    Posts
    1,621
    Mick, the can of worms people are hedging around is this:
    There is no documentation available from lr starting towing capacity. All we have is the figure given in the military manuals (not legally binding) and the rated gcm.
    Cheers, BDave.
    Replace "You are...!", with "Are you...?"

    Army Land Rover Buyers Guide.
    buymilitaryvehicles.com

    Reunited with RFSV 51 680, 'Sleazy'!!
    '00 VeryDisco TD5 Auto,
    Nanocom Evo for D2 TD5 and Puma
    Gone:RFSV, 51-699, Carryall 48-358.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Dave View Post
    Mick, the can of worms people are hedging around is this:
    There is no documentation available from lr starting towing capacity. All we have is the figure given in the military manuals (not legally binding) and the rated gcm.
    That is what is scaring me off them Dave. The difference between GVM and GCM is only 1500kg, way to light for what I need. The vehicle is perfect as a service vehicle for me, but I also need to tow my van as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!