Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Another LPG question

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aus
    Posts
    2,783
    Where abouts are you ? I have the twin tanks here on the bent Rangie that have been retested in the last 2years ( I will verify the retest date). The only issue you would have fitting them is ..... they are full (the damn women wiped it out literally 5 minutes after I filled it). So they will be HEAVY to move!

    seeya
    Shane L.
    Proper cars--
    '92 Range Rover 3.9V8 ... slugomatic
    '92 Range Rover 3.8V8 ... 5spd manual
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I :burnrubber:
    '63 ID19 x 2 :wheelchair:
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas
    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual :zzz:

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NSW highlands
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Where abouts are you ? I have the twin tanks here on the bent Rangie that have been retested in the last 2years ( I will verify the retest date). The only issue you would have fitting them is ..... they are full (the damn women wiped it out literally 5 minutes after I filled it). So they will be HEAVY to move!

    seeya
    Shane L.
    Hi Shane

    I live in the mountains 3.5 hours from Sydney and there is no one locally I would trust

    It might be a good idea to replace mine with yours but I need to wait until the former are removed and sent to the mob at Seven Hills (Sydney) for testing - might be a couple of weeks or more. Obviously if mine pass, it will be the simplest option. I'll keep you in mind

    Regards

    Alan

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aus
    Posts
    2,783
    Oh, scratch that ... I'm in Ballarat.

    seeya.
    Shane L
    Proper cars--
    '92 Range Rover 3.9V8 ... slugomatic
    '92 Range Rover 3.8V8 ... 5spd manual
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I :burnrubber:
    '63 ID19 x 2 :wheelchair:
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas
    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual :zzz:

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    121
    Hi Aussie, I also use Coopers exclusively. I am sitting outside The Gasman now. Ward had a problem with the laptop connection to install a new gas ecu and suggested these guys. I will probably see you around GCA at some stage. Mine is a 95 Classic with fading paint. Cheers. Phil.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NSW highlands
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
    Hi Aussie, I also use Coopers exclusively. I am sitting outside The Gasman now. Ward had a problem with the laptop connection to install a new gas ecu and suggested these guys. I will probably see you around GCA at some stage. Mine is a 95 Classic with fading paint. Cheers. Phil.
    G'Day Phil

    Is the Gasman the one at Seven Hills? Ward is taking the LPG out of the 93 Vogue within the next week or so and I hope to have it installed into the 91 that is at Coopers now for a replacement engine. I'm just waiting to hear when it is ready

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebushman View Post
    G'Day Phil

    Is the Gasman the one at Seven Hills? Ward is taking the LPG out of the 93 Vogue within the next week or so and I hope to have it installed into the 91 that is at Coopers now for a replacement engine. I'm just waiting to hear when it is ready
    Yes The Gasman is the one at 7Hills. Car is now running beautifully on LPG. Which is great as next week we are heading to a friends property up past Bourke. I have checked and can travel on LPG all the way, save a few dollars for red wine....

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sunny Coast QLD
    Posts
    27,741
    Plenty of Apps that tell you where LPG is sold,,

    A quick call to the local Mechanic will confirm ( its still available,) if concerned...
    "How long since you've visited The Good Oil?"

    Live simply.
    Love generously.
    Care deeply.
    Speak kindly.


    '93 V8
    Rossi
    '97 to '07. sold.
    '01 V8 D2
    '06 to 10. written off.
    '03 4.6 V8 HSE D2a with Tornado ECM
    '10 to ???
    Its a gas gas gas Tug?
    Making Lemonade since 2016.


    Golf GTX Tourer MKIII 19' of Heaven


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NSW highlands
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro_The_Swift View Post
    Plenty of Apps that tell you where LPG is sold,,

    A quick call to the local Mechanic will confirm ( its still available,) if concerned...
    Thanks - yes I have found several sources. Fortunately, there are 3 reliable suppliers in Goulburn and the Shell had its tanks replaced only a couple of years ago.

    The new engine will be in and tuned in the 91 by early next week, so that is when I deliver the Vogue to Coopers. Not sure when they will remove the LPG components for me to take to the Gasman for certification and (I hope) installation into the 91

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!