Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Lt 95 swap ex Perentie to 110

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,908

    Lt 95 swap ex Perentie to 110

    I have a 110 with the 4BD1 with an adaptor ring to take the LT95 ex Rangie.
    If I take the ring off will a Perentie LT95 bolt straight up to the 4BD1. Or do I leave the ring on and swap bell housings?
    What would be the difference in flywheels if any?
    The box is getting noisy and I thought to swap it out to get the TRB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hay Point
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by 123rover50 View Post
    I have a 110 with the 4BD1 with an adaptor ring to take the LT95 ex Rangie.
    If I take the ring off will a Perentie LT95 bolt straight up to the 4BD1. Or do I leave the ring on and swap bell housings?
    What would be the difference in flywheels if any?
    The box is getting noisy and I thought to swap it out to get the TRB
    Was the Isuzu in the 110 originally Keith. If so what box was on it? If not where did come from - a truck? If it is from a 110 originally it will have the correct flywheel housing and the LT95 should bolt straight up to it without the adaptor ring which I am assuming was to mate up to the V8 bellhousing. The flywheel should be the correct one but who knows. Put up some pictures if you can.
    Cheers......Brian
    1985 110 V8 County
    1998 110 Perentie GS Cargo 6X6 ARN 202516 (Brutus)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,908
    Actually I have two, one in my 110 ute and another I put in my 110 Forward Control back in the 80,s.
    They were both NPR truck engines but I cant remember what exactly I did. It was a kit I got and again I cant remember what was in it. All I can photograph is the outside with the spacer/converter ring.

    If say conversly the LT 95 is removed from a Perentie Isuzu will the 5 speed Isuzu box bolt straight up?
    I was wondering if the truck flywheel housing was left on for the Perentie or did Land Rover fit their own?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hay Point
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by 123rover50 View Post
    Actually I have two, one in my 110 ute and another I put in my 110 Forward Control back in the 80,s.
    They were both NPR truck engines but I cant remember what exactly I did. It was a kit I got and again I cant remember what was in it. All I can photograph is the outside with the spacer/converter ring.

    If say conversly the LT 95 is removed from a Perentie Isuzu will the 5 speed Isuzu box bolt straight up?
    I was wondering if the truck flywheel housing was left on for the Perentie or did Land Rover fit their own?
    My guess is that it was a kit supplied by Zenith engineering in Brisbane. They used to make kits for them years ago. The truck engine has a different flywheel housing to the one Land Rover used in the Perentie and the Isuzu MSA/MXA box will bolt straight onto the truck one which I would say yours has on it. The LT95A from the Perentie won't bolt onto the truck flywheel housing. If yours is one of those kits you would have had to change the clutch plate and spigot bearing/bush.
    Cheers......Brian
    1985 110 V8 County
    1998 110 Perentie GS Cargo 6X6 ARN 202516 (Brutus)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,908
    Thanks Brian.
    So the easiest way would be to swap the LT95A bell housing for the V8 one when I rebuild it then bolt it back up to the conversion ring.
    Would that work?
    I have not pulled the bell housings off yet.

    Keith

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hay Point
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by 123rover50 View Post
    Thanks Brian.
    So the easiest way would be to swap the LT95A bell housing for the V8 one when I rebuild it then bolt it back up to the conversion ring.
    Would that work?
    I have not pulled the bell housings off yet.

    Keith
    Yes, probably the easiest way if it is actually a V8 bellhousing on it. Have a look and see if the bellhousing is the same as the one on the army box you bought. The V8 one looks shorter and more squarish than the long one on the Perentie box.
    Cheers......Brian
    1985 110 V8 County
    1998 110 Perentie GS Cargo 6X6 ARN 202516 (Brutus)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!