Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How does a petrol nozzle auto shut off?

  1. #1
    p38arover's Avatar
    p38arover is online now Major part of the heart and soul of AULRO.com
    Administrator
    I'm here to help you!
    Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    29,341
    Total Downloaded
    0

    How does a petrol nozzle auto shut off?

    How does a petrol nozzle auto shut off?

    Ron B.
    VK2OTC

    2003 L322 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Auto
    2007 Yamaha XJR1300
    Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA



    RIP Bucko - Riding on Forever

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane,some of the time.
    Posts
    12,662
    Total Downloaded
    0
    I am surprised they havenít changed it all,added some electronics some where,and complicated it,so it becomes less reliable
    Paul

    D2,D2,D2a,D4,'09 Defender 110(sons), all moved on.

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56
    Comes out of hibernation every few months for a run

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    12,214
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    I am surprised they havenít changed it all,added some electronics some where,and complicated it all,so it becomes less reliable


    Give 'em time Paul, give 'em time.



    Edit
    I think I got it (???????) but I still don't know what actually switches off the pump. Seems there must be a further gizmo in the supply line somewhere that holds a powered Pressure switch, either that or the pump runs continuously but I don't think that happens. I understand it stopping the Fuel Flow for obvious reasons but somewhere the pump for each Bowser needs to switch off. It would have to be inside the Panels. The Panel Operator aka the bird or bloke behind the lolly counter still needs to activate the pump. Don't they?

    Am I missing summat or thinking too much into this?

    I dunno, it looks like it needs some Electronics.

    Google is my mate.
    Appears the pump switch is incorporated into the Nozzle Holder.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane,some of the time.
    Posts
    12,662
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    Give 'em time Paul, give 'em time.
    Maybe I was thinking Land Rover engineering
    Paul

    D2,D2,D2a,D4,'09 Defender 110(sons), all moved on.

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56
    Comes out of hibernation every few months for a run

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    12,214
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    Maybe I was thinking Land Rover engineering
    Is it 2050 already?

  6. #6
    JDNSW's Avatar
    JDNSW is offline RoverLord Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Central West NSW
    Posts
    27,902
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    Give 'em time Paul, give 'em time.



    Edit
    I think I got it (???????) but I still don't know what actually switches off the pump. Seems there must be a further gizmo in the supply line somewhere that holds a powered Pressure switch, either that or the pump runs continuously but I don't think that happens. I understand it stopping the Fuel Flow for obvious reasons but somewhere the pump for each Bowser needs to switch off. It would have to be inside the Panels. The Panel Operator aka the bird or bloke behind the lolly counter still needs to activate the pump. Don't they?

    Am I missing summat or thinking too much into this?

    I dunno, it looks like it needs some Electronics.

    Google is my mate.
    Appears the pump switch is incorporated into the Nozzle Holder.
    Yes, and the pump has a pressure limiter, either separate or from the type of pump.
    John

    JDNSW
    1986 110 County 3.9 diesel
    1970 2a 109 2.25 petrol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    12,214
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JDNSW View Post
    Yes, and the pump has a pressure limiter, either separate or from the type of pump.

    Of course, couldn't have folk fiddling with that just because they may be in a hurry. Not that they would have easy access to that inside the gubbins.

    I got caught out a few years ago when innocent me didn't realise that Diseasel pumps came in two types of fill rate & after I filled my shoes & spoke to the Prop & realised I should have used the slow fill to fill my 5 L container.
    Should have realised something was amiss Nozzles were different Diams.

    Haven't been caught since though.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!