Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Holden V8 in Series 3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5

    Holden V8 in Series 3

    just been checking out all the threads in here for anything close to what I've got, or think I've got.
    Evidently the Holden V8 is mated to a Nissan 5 speed 4wd gearbox, and has Jeep front and rear diff/axle housings.
    Havent a clue what models the driveline came out of....and cant seem to find this combo online anywhere either.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham England
    Posts
    237
    post up some pictures (and numbers if possible) then if you're lucky you might have someone respond with the information you require

    unfortunately i know absolutely zip about nissan or jeep so i'm no help

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    16,293
    A mod that was used a bit was a holden 253V8 to a Nissan Cabstar 5 speed gearbox with an adaptor to fit the series 3 transfer case on the back of it.
    REMLR 243

    2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
    1977 FC 101
    1973 Haflinger AP700
    1971 Jaguar V12 E-Type Series 3 Roadster
    1957 Series 1 88"
    1957 Series 1 88" Station Wagon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5

    Ok

    Thanks, I'll have a crawl around under it tomoz.
    Got engine running sweet, and painted.
    New clutch master gave me a good pedal but clutch won't disengage....
    Think I need to start it in gear and hit brake as I hit the clutch to try to shock it free

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yarrawonga, Vic
    Posts
    5,935
    40 years ago I shared a house with a bloke that had a 253 in a SWB 2A with 5 speed Nissan Caball gearbox adapted to Series TC .
    Had Rover axles and Hilux disc brakes grafted . Way ahead if its time .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    5

    Driving!

    Started in gear and hit brakes and clutch at same time as pumping clutch and almost hit an industrial bin!
    Restarted in first and repeated action...this time it freed up and now the clutch works
    I can drive it forwards and back and get it into my workshop for further repairs.
    Mixed up some yellow blue and a dash of red oxide and s splash of black and a good dollop of flattening base.. made a nice Olive Drab.
    Sprayed the whole thing yesterday and last night.
    Now it's the next day I'm gonna go out and see what it looks like and gravity bleed the brakes.
    Well change the fluid actually.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!