Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Cycling on TV

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,890

    Cycling on TV

    Santos Tour down Under 2018 starts Sunday 14 on 9GEM from 9-30 to 11-00 pm.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dandenong Ranges.
    Posts
    7,049
    Cycling on TV

    Going to get flamed big time, I suspect, but TV is where cycling belongs in my view. B4 you all get started, I cycled for 20 years as an adult, but I did it to get around. I didn't wear it like a uniform. I wasn't trying to prove something. In today's traffic, there is no way I'd do it now, even if I had 750cc to help.

    Quack.
    ​JayTee

    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Sir Terry Pratchett

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,381
    No flaming from me , I understand where you are coming from, but I think the mentality has to change. It would be a nice alternative to have a cycle to work without copping verbal crap. Not every rider is a Lycra racer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dandenong Ranges.
    Posts
    7,049
    Quote Originally Posted by trog View Post
    No flaming from me , I understand where you are coming from, but I think the mentality has to change. It would be a nice alternative to have a cycle to work without copping verbal crap. Not every rider is a Lycra racer.
    Agreed. It's a little hard to remember that up here on the weekend though. I try my best.
    ​JayTee

    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Sir Terry Pratchett

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDLOVER View Post
    Santos Tour down Under 2018 starts Sunday 14 on 9GEM from 9-30 to 11-00 pm.
    Well that was just the warm up, won by the World Champ Peter Sagan, the tour proper starts tomorrow:
    Tues 16th on Channel 9 from 11am -2:30pm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Central West NSW
    Posts
    12,229
    Quote Originally Posted by johntins View Post
    Cycling on TV


    Going to get flamed big time, I suspect, but TV is where cycling belongs in my view. B4 you all get started, I cycled for 20 years as an adult, but I did it to get around. I didn't wear it like a uniform. I wasn't trying to prove something. In today's traffic, there is no way I'd do it now, even if I had 750cc to help.

    Quack.
    There is probably better people outside of Dandenong then. Cycling great where I live. A mate has gone over to SA to ride (non pro) the TDU courses also, half his luck!
    Cheers
    Slunnie


    ~ Discovery II "Storm" ~ ~ Series IIa 6cyl ute ~ ~ Series II V8 ute ~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rover
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDLOVER View Post
    Well that was just the warm up, won by the World Champ Peter Sagan, the tour proper starts tomorrow:
    Tues 16th on Channel 9 from 11am -2:30pm
    Did pretty boy Sagan elbow someone off the course to win? 😇😜

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,890
    No Sagan won it fair & square, you can see for yourself in the highlights tonight,
    on 9GEM 10:50-11:52 pm.

    Also I don't Mark Cavendish is racing this tour, otherwise we could give him the Aussie nickname of "The Battered Cav" ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,890

    Cadel Evans' Great Ocean Road Race

    Cadel Evans' Great Ocean Road Race is on Ch 7 from 10am - 3pm this Sunday the 28th Jan.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,890

    Herald Sun Tour

    The Herald Sun Tour High Lights will be shown on SBS One from 4:30-5:30 pm daily this week, Wed, Thu, Fri.

    Stage 3 high lights will be shown on SBS Viceland on Sunday 4th Feb, from 11am to 12noon followed by the final stage from 12:00-3:00pm.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!