Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Oil Pipe to back of Head - any local parts?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    183

    Oil Pipe to back of Head - any local parts?

    Gentlemen,
    I am looking for a local source of a 3 parts that make up the Oil pipe to the Back of the Head.

    I am looking for the Meter plug and the two banjo bolts., but can find no local stocks.
    If I being them in from the UK, they cost over $200, which does seem a lot.
    Any ideas of who might be able to help?

    I am chasing parts 22, 23 and 24 on the attached image from the Parts Manual.
    regards
    Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yarrawonga, Vic
    Posts
    6,112
    you could make an exact replica it using brake parts and some silver brazing and no one would be any wiser.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by goingbush View Post
    you could make an exact replica it using brake parts and some silver brazing and no one would be any wiser.

    Hi Goingbush,
    I'd be happy to have a go at it, but the drawing from the parts manual is the only reference I have to what the Metered Plug might look like, or what size it is.
    By the name it suggests this reduces the flow of oil to the Head's inlet value train, which I assume must be important to get just right, otherwise why would they have bothered with the extra complication.

    If anyone has a photo or dimensions of the Meter Plug, that would be a huge help.

    regards
    Jeff

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tamworth NSW
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
    Hi Goingbush,
    I'd be happy to have a go at it, but the drawing from the parts manual is the only reference I have to what the Metered Plug might look like, or what size it is.
    By the name it suggests this reduces the flow of oil to the Head's inlet value train, which I assume must be important to get just right, otherwise why would they have bothered with the extra complication.

    If anyone has a photo or dimensions of the Meter Plug, that would be a huge help.

    regards
    Jeff
    Jeff,

    If you can hold off for a day or two, I will have a scrounge in the container at the farm.

    Mike. 5380

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tamworth NSW
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I am looking for a local source of a 3 parts that make up the Oil pipe to the Back of the Head.

    I am looking for the Meter plug and the two banjo bolts., but can find no local stocks.
    If I being them in from the UK, they cost over $200, which does seem a lot.
    Any ideas of who might be able to help?

    I am chasing parts 22, 23 and 24 on the attached image from the Parts Manual.
    regards
    Jeff
    Jeff,

    I found the correct lower long banjo bolt and an early Series II top bolt with metering jet that will work on your 2.0L engine if I enlarge the oil metreing jet to *1.2mm from 0.9mm. Same bolt but has smaller jet and 5/8 AF hex. *I removed the metering bolt from my 107 to check jet size.
    5380. Email me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Westlake ,brisbane
    Posts
    3,227
    I may have a 2nd hand feed pipe , I will check today & let you know. I already gave the top bolt away to someone else.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Westlake ,brisbane
    Posts
    3,227
    I have this one you can have for cost of postage from Brisbane .20210316_133238.jpg I may have some of the copper washers , I will need to check the broken gasket sets I have.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tewantin (NOOSA area)
    Posts
    604
    The bore for the restrictor in the banjo bolt is 1/16". The restrictor need to be turned so it is a stiff press fit in the banjo bolt.

    Cheers

    Rick F

    PS Did think I had previous left this info for "the good oil"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tewantin (NOOSA area)
    Posts
    604
    .................as for the pipe, heat each of the banjos and melt out the silver solder and pull out the steel pipe........carefully, don't want to damage the banjos. 3/16" copper tube with fresh silver solder will do the job.

    Cheers Rick FIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0104.jpg

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!