Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Paint code

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Narre Warren South
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteen8 View Post
    With white colour, is that a standard white or there is another code for land rover series white?
    Don't know, there is white and there is white. Must be a Land Rover code but don't have details.

    Colin
    '56 Series 1 with homemade welder
    '65 Series IIa Dormobile
    '70 SIIa GS
    '76 SIII 88" (Isuzu C240)
    '81 SIII FFR
    '95 Defender Tanami
    '60 SII 109 ute (gone)
    Motorcycles :-
    Vincent Rapide, Panther M100, Norton BIG4, Electra & Navigator, Matchless G80C

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Kununurra
    Posts
    48
    I think the early Australian Series III 88" were painted a colour called wildlife green but i don't know a code, do a search on the forum with that colour and you might get some info. Also for the white i have been trying to find a code for this and was looking at leyland australia colours from that era such as mokes some of which were painted BLUE WHITE 566-31490. i also have a picture of a landrover colour code which shows BAHAMA GOLD and SNOWY WHITE 34423
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Kununurra
    Posts
    48
    let me know if you find these codes and colours please as i have not tried to get any mixed yet.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tingha NSW
    Posts
    24

    Ask restorers in UK

    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    let me know if you find these codes and colours please as i have not tried to get any mixed yet.
    There’s a company in UK that specialises in LR restorations.
    They will tell you.

    Classic Land Rover Restoration Specialists

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Narre Warren South
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahame Roberts View Post
    There’s a company in UK that specialises in LR restorations.
    They will tell you.

    Classic Land Rover Restoration Specialists
    There's quite a few companies in the UK that specialise in Land Rover restorations but I wonder if they'd give out this information.
    I don't need the paint codes but I'd be interested if someone contacted them and got a result.

    Problem with some of the early codes is that the pigments have changed over the years. Matching to existing paint is easily done and often these codes are then shared on AULRO.
    I've had the Pastel Green matched but the company kept the details of the tint, that way I return to them for future orders.....Price was good and they are local so no problem for me.


    Colin
    '56 Series 1 with homemade welder
    '65 Series IIa Dormobile
    '70 SIIa GS
    '76 SIII 88" (Isuzu C240)
    '81 SIII FFR
    '95 Defender Tanami
    '60 SII 109 ute (gone)
    Motorcycles :-
    Vincent Rapide, Panther M100, Norton BIG4, Electra & Navigator, Matchless G80C

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tarneit VIC
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    There's quite a few companies in the UK that specialise in Land Rover restorations but I wonder if they'd give out this information.
    I don't need the paint codes but I'd be interested if someone contacted them and got a result.

    Problem with some of the early codes is that the pigments have changed over the years. Matching to existing paint is easily done and often these codes are then shared on AULRO.
    I've had the Pastel Green matched but the company kept the details of the tint, that way I return to them for future orders.....Price was good and they are local so no problem for me.


    Colin
    Is it possible to post your series with Pastel Green colour colin? Thanks

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Narre Warren South
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteen8 View Post
    Is it possible to post your series with Pastel Green colour colin? Thanks
    I haven't painted any of it yet. Undecided as to whether to just paint the damaged parts when repaired as I'm not into the over restored / better than new look. I still have some panel beating to complete on one of the wings and the front panel needs abrasive blasting but I'm working on other projects at the moment.

    Thread below shows the vehicle but it's faded & weathered, I removed part of the vehicle that was hidden from sunlight for the colour match.

    Walter the Dormobile


    Colin
    '56 Series 1 with homemade welder
    '65 Series IIa Dormobile
    '70 SIIa GS
    '76 SIII 88" (Isuzu C240)
    '81 SIII FFR
    '95 Defender Tanami
    '60 SII 109 ute (gone)
    Motorcycles :-
    Vincent Rapide, Panther M100, Norton BIG4, Electra & Navigator, Matchless G80C

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tarneit VIC
    Posts
    627
    Went to paint supplies and they got the code on record.




  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Narre Warren South
    Posts
    4,669
    I'm interested to see what it turns out like.
    What type of paint is it, 2-pack, enamel, acrylic ??


    Colin
    '56 Series 1 with homemade welder
    '65 Series IIa Dormobile
    '70 SIIa GS
    '76 SIII 88" (Isuzu C240)
    '81 SIII FFR
    '95 Defender Tanami
    '60 SII 109 ute (gone)
    Motorcycles :-
    Vincent Rapide, Panther M100, Norton BIG4, Electra & Navigator, Matchless G80C

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tarneit VIC
    Posts
    627
    We open the can actually and it looks similar to paint behind the grill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!