Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forward facing camera, retrofit onto 2011 D4

Total Downloaded

Forward facing camera, retrofit onto 2011 D4

Well the title is self-explanatory but rather than hijacking an old thread I thought I would just put the question here..

I have a 2011 D4 with reverse camera and the larger display/sat nav.

I have heard there is room on the back of the device for additional cameras (and by looking in my menu configuration it talks about companion camera's and proximity camera's being 'not fitted' which might support this.

Can I buy a cheap camera from eBay and wire this up to activate on the main screen when driving slowly? assuming I activate it the CCF portion too?

Total Downloaded
    You need to read Chris's thread for the type of camera to buy and the fitting type needed.Then I assume adjust the CCF with some sort of id tool.
    You may even be able to get the camera to display at speed,Im sure its only a safety reason that you cant normally.For some reason I can get my MY14 to display the rear camera vision at speed,and when going forward
    Andrew
    DISCOVERY IS TO BE DISOWNED
    Midlife Crisis.Im going to get stuck into mine early and ENJOY it.
    Snow White MY14 TDV6 D4
    Alotta Fagina MY14 CAT 12M Motor Grader
    2003 Stacer 525 Sea Master Sport
    I made the 1 millionth AULRO post

Total Downloaded
    I have a 2011 with the factory sat nav, I installed my own rear view camera and activated in the ccf using a BBS Faultmate extreme.

There are 3 video (AV/analog) inputs, the reverse camera only works with a NTSC camera the other 2 are for TV and Venture Cam or whatever they call it, they both seem to accept either PAL or NTSC. But I could only view them through the secret diagnostic screen, from memory, I did switch on companion Cam and it came up on the screen but I seem to remember that there was no picture.

Total Downloaded
    What is companion cam? And venture cam?

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by LandyAndy View Post
    You need to read Chris's thread for the type of camera to buy and the fitting type needed.Then I assume adjust the CCF with some sort of id tool.
    You may even be able to get the camera to display at speed,Im sure its only a safety reason that you cant normally.For some reason I can get my MY14 to display the rear camera vision at speed,and when going forward
    Andrew

Andy - if I go into the cameras screen I can pick my rear view cam and it stays on - even at 100 - my15 HSE

Total Downloaded
    Same with mine.Was pointing it out as he stated even if it only works at low speed.
    Andrew
    Snow White MY14 TDV6 D4

Total Downloaded
    There is no such thing as a cameras screen on a MY11, as in one that can be manually selected

i have seen a button on some newer models for the cameras but this doesn't exist on my model

Total Downloaded
    Where will you place a camera facing forwards that will be of reasonable assistance as you travel?

Recording I understand... But?

I would be very careful in reading ADR s about any non reverse camera vis able to driver whilst car in motion forwards... Just checking as I honestly am not sure of updates etc
    (REMLR 235/MVCA 9) 80" -'49.(RUST), -'50 & '52. (53-parts) 88" -57 s1, -'63 -s2a -GS x 2-"Horrie"-112-769, "Vet"-112-429(-Vietnam-PRE 1ATF '65) ('66, s2a-as UN CIVPOL), Hans '73- s3 109" '56 s1 x2 77- s3 van (gone)& '12- 110

Total Downloaded
    The forward camera is going to be for offroad use, to see how I'm going for clearance etc and to help maintain the line I chose as i get moving and the obstacle disappears under the bonnet line

A wide angle lens should work

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeis View Post
    There is no such thing as a cameras screen on a MY11, as in one that can be manually selected

i have seen a button on some newer models for the cameras but this doesn't exist on my model
    Look in the exta features on the touch screen,should come up with 4x4 info and cameras,touch cameras.
    Assuming the big screen on the early D4 is similar to the big screen on the later D4s,I have no sat nav,but have rear camera/big screen.
    Andrew
    Snow White MY14 TDV6 D4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast