Thread: I learnt to Dynamic Soar!

Total Downloaded

I learnt to Dynamic Soar!

Well, yesterday I lost my Dynamic Soaring virginity.

I was going to have a nap, but a mate messaged me with going flying ... good winds.... there might be some 4wding involved.... OK IM IN.

So off we went to a property at the back of Dayboro. We found the property and then had a nice little climb up to the top of the ridge, it wasn't at all difficult, but you probably wouldn't do it in a normal car. Next time I'll go a bit further though.

Anyway we walked the rest of the way to the ridge top and threw our gliders off. Nothing sensational in conventional flying, but we then dived over the back of the ridge deep into the sink, and then turned back up the hill, and then the plane magically picked up speed.

Anyway after much crashing and cow scaring i got the hang of it. By the end of the day i could launch, get a bit of height, and then head over the back of the ridge and go round and around until my glider sounded like a jet, or i crashed

What a hoot! and cheap fun. Next time I go out I'll take some photos of the place and the flying.

Dynamic soaring video

Here is the WIKI on it.
    Last edited by Captain_Rightfoot; 29th July 2007 at 05:06 PM.
     2005 Defender 110 