Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Watcha doing to ya Series

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bundaberg Qld
    Posts
    5,323

    Watcha doing to ya Series

    There have been a few threads dedicated to specific models so I thought we should have one for the Series guys & girls. It can be some day to day shots of your project or of your pride and joy or even something you spotted in your travels.

    I will get the show on the road with one of mine. It isn't exactly a Series Landy, but it has the same Mum & Dad (and engineer I am led to believe). "Ysabel" (named after my Mum) is a 48 Rover P3 that has been in the family for around 30 years. She has a date as a bridal car in April so I thought I should resolve the minor cooling issue it has had for some time.

    Aside from the old hoses, there seems to be a weep from a cracked themostat housing and was hoping this was similar to an early Landy one. A progress pic for the record.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PaulT

    REMLR 256 / SLOw 4 (P)

    (some) W/Shops/trailers & GS's

    97 D1 TDi A (Pop's DD)
    07 Territory (Nan's DD)
    91/96/97 D1's spares
    86 RRC 3.5 A (spare DD)

    lots of Series various

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Logan Village area S.E. QLD
    Posts
    17,203
    I was driving connie-sue (80" series 1) around the paddock again

    Mrs hh
    Series Landy Rescue

    Parts, welding, finger folding, Storage, Painting, Fabrication, Restorations,
    Our FB Page..
    https://www.facebook.com/SeriesLR?ref=bookmarks

    S1 80",2x107's Series 2a, SIII, defender 130, 101 FCx2 + 20+ other series vehicles

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    4511
    Posts
    18,139
    madge is booked into mr on the 25th to get the front end sorted

    i miss driving my girl.......

    i have a few small things to get done prior
    143901065 88" SII Basic " Madge" | 1988 RRC Portifino Red "LeeLoo" | Army Workshop Trailer 173-867
    1996 300TDi Auto D1 Mrs Inc's DD |
    "TowTent" Viscount Gazelle 3.9m |"Monty" 03 BA Ford Fairmont DD

    "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it." -- a warning from Adolf Hitler
    "If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have any sense at all!" -- a wise observation by someone else
    'If everyone colludes in believing that war is the norm, nobody will recognize the imperative of peace." -- Anne Deveson

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by pop058 View Post
    There have been a few threads dedicated to specific models so I thought we should have one for the Series guys & girls. It can be some day to day shots of your project or of your pride and joy or even something you spotted in your travels.

    I will get the show on the road with one of mine. It isn't exactly a Series Landy, but it has the same Mum & Dad (and engineer I am led to believe). "Ysabel" (named after my Mum) is a 48 Rover P3 that has been in the family for around 30 years. She has a date as a bridal car in April so I thought I should resolve the minor cooling issue it has had for some time.

    Aside from the old hoses, there seems to be a weep from a cracked themostat housing and was hoping this was similar to an early Landy one. A progress pic for the record.
    Nice car. I had one years ago when we lived down the coast.
    Sold it to a bloke in Brisbane for use in a fleet of wedding cars.
    I was told they can get a crease in the skin near the boot from rough roads due to the separate back suspension. Ours was OK
    though.

    Keith

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    2,621
    This is pretty much how mine stand at the moment:



    still a fair way to go on the old girl.... got to finish some wiring, get a front prop cut to length, bolt up panels/door etc. plus rebuild a swivel hub. Plus modify my exhaust to fit.

    '13 D90-TF A bar, APT steering guard/drag link/track rod, Mantec snorkel, Rijidij dual bar, cruise cntl.
    '75 S3 88-200tdi, R380/LT230, 33s, LOTS of Defendr bits, Paras, disco axles, ashcroft lockers, 4.75HD R&P

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Grove SE QLD
    Posts
    788
    Iam trying to get this 1957 107" Station Wagon running
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1950 80" #R06105221
    1958 88" "project"
    1984 110 County Wagon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Logan Village area S.E. QLD
    Posts
    17,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Landy View Post
    Iam trying to get this 1957 107" Station Wagon running
    And then you join SLOw and come on trips It is about time I think

    OH and ordered a brand Carbie for connie-sue today. At much expense, but hh said we only live once and she needs to get out, she has been sitting for too far long so she will be out and about every soon

    Mrs hh
    Series Landy Rescue

    Parts, welding, finger folding, Storage, Painting, Fabrication, Restorations,
    Our FB Page..
    https://www.facebook.com/SeriesLR?ref=bookmarks

    S1 80",2x107's Series 2a, SIII, defender 130, 101 FCx2 + 20+ other series vehicles

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    singleton/Old Bar/smurf village
    Posts
    8,088
    That is definitely a nice s/w.
    I am still planning (wish list) what I am going to get done to my 2A FC
    La la la-la la la,
    Sing a happy song.
    La la la-la la la,
    Smurf your whole day long.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Landy Smurf View Post
    That is definitely a nice s/w.
    I am still planning (wish list) what I am going to get done to my 2A FC
    Hey landy Smurf! I thought you'd disappeared! You have to post up some pics of your latest acquisitions/work

    '13 D90-TF A bar, APT steering guard/drag link/track rod, Mantec snorkel, Rijidij dual bar, cruise cntl.
    '75 S3 88-200tdi, R380/LT230, 33s, LOTS of Defendr bits, Paras, disco axles, ashcroft lockers, 4.75HD R&P

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    singleton/Old Bar/smurf village
    Posts
    8,088
    Not much has changed, as I have moved away from my landys
    I am about to graduate(7 weeks) and then I can get paid work.
    Which means progress for landys
    La la la-la la la,
    Sing a happy song.
    La la la-la la la,
    Smurf your whole day long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!