Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Another project "Binatang"

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    3,110
    Finally got the drivers side door lock fitted. I like it. No slamming.
    Tomorrow the off side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    3,110
    Nearly ready for a Roadworthy. Just waiting on a pair of Trico asjustable wiper arms.
    Took it for a spin to warm the gearbox oil then tried to drain it.
    The main drain plug came out OK but the filter drain took heating with a hot air gun and a 3 ft breaker bar to move it.
    First drain since I bought the box, so a pig in a poke. The filter looked good though.
    T,box a different story. The drain plug went round and round.
    Dropped the plate off to look inside, everything looked OK and not much on the magnet.
    Had to drill the plug then with some work with a die grinder I could lever it down from the top with a screwdriver on the gear.
    Now to buy a Re coil set but I dont know the thread pitch. Looks to be 12mm something.
    Anyway a relief to get it out.
    I will buy a day permit to drive into town for the RWC maybe next week or the week after if I can get the right helicoil.

    Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    3,110
    I must be losing the plot.
    When I first mated engine to G,box I left the bottom three studs out. I noticed yesterday, and thought that I must have forgotten them. No problem , I will do it now. Not easy, the holes are pilot holes only and are not threaded.



    Perhaps its because its a Defender box mated to a Disco Flywheel housing. Are the bolt holes in different places.?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    3,110
    Not wanting to pull the box again and there not being space to turn a T handle on a Tap, I made up an extension out of an old rifle barrel piece.
    Firstly drilling it to accept an 8.5mm drill shank then drill and tapping two holes to accept grub screws 90 degrees apart to mate with flats I ground on the drill shank. It being alloy I could rotate by hand and enlarge the holes.
    Next open it to accept the shank of the 10mm x 1.5 tap I luckely had. This I secured with the grub screws and was able to tap the 3 holes.
    Next cleaned them with brake cleaner, blew them with air then screwed in the studs coated with Locktite. I did this with two nuts locked together at the end of the stud.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Westlake ,brisbane
    Posts
    1,456
    Glad I am not the only one .

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayboro, Qld
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by 123rover50 View Post
    I must be losing the plot.
    When I first mated engine to G,box I left the bottom three studs out. I noticed yesterday, and thought that I must have forgotten them. No problem , I will do it now. Not easy, the holes are pilot holes only and are not threaded.



    Perhaps its because its a Defender box mated to a Disco Flywheel housing. Are the bolt holes in different places.?

    On the discovery motor / Series housing conversion, there are 4 holes that need to be drilled at the bottom of the housing. I believe the threads are in the motor In the uk a lot of people don't bother though !!

    Not sure on your conversion though Keith.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    3,110
    Been a while.
    Flew through the Roadworthy OK.
    Done about 1000 kays now all still OK apart from some draughts

    Put some Dynamat against the bulkhead to cut back on some noise. I was shown how to put my CD,s into the Laptop then put them on a stick thing that plugs into the front of the radio. I can listen to my Frankie Laine, John Williamson and Roger Whittaker etc now
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    3,110
    Made up a roll out drawer.
    Fridge on top.
    Yesterday used a bit of scrap alloy to make a little folding shelf when I realised I had nowhere to make our cup of tea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    3,110
    A few years ago I installed a solar pump on a bore. I bought it from a bloke down the coast . It worked OK for a couple of years then the pump carked it. The dealer had gone broke and out of business so I could not replace the pump. I have since bought another system and so had these solar panels kicking around.
    Two panels rated at 120 watts at 19.5 volts.
    I put one on the back of the 6x6 camper and put the other on here. Running through a Dingo controller to a 100 amp AGM battery.
    Keeps the fridge going night and day when I have it on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!