Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Stolen Range Rover Classic

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bunbury, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    And how did they know where to take it back to?? Stolen Range Rover Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950landy View Post
    Bit of good news but a strange story.
    Just had a message from John to tell me two hooded men bought the RR back at 3am this morning . They said they found it deep in the bush were they were cutting wood.
    The back seat , spare wheel & radio are gone but it seams largely un damaged other than the steering feels a bit strange, he is hoping it just needs a fluid top up.
    Chris


    2014 D4 TDV6
    1954 86" (I'll finish it one day.....)
    1980 Stage 1 v8

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arcadia N.S.W.
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by cjc_td5 View Post
    And how did they know where to take it back to?? Stolen Range Rover Classic
    And if they're genuine good samaratins, why the hoods?
    Don.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Westlake ,brisbane
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Don 130 View Post
    And if they're genuine good samaratins, why the hoods?
    Don.
    I think it's a bit cold down there at the moment, that could be a good reason . they were talking to John so I do not think they were trying to hide. But my question is why 3am ?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Garvoc, South West Victoria
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950landy View Post
    I think it's a bit cold down there at the moment, that could be a good reason . they were talking to John so I do not think they were trying to hide. But my question is why 3am ?
    Almost as if they didnít want anyone to see them drive through and drop it off...
    REMLR Registrant No. 436

    1979 Series III GS FFR
    1980 Series III GS FFR with a Perentie RFSV tub
    1993 Defender 110 200Tdi ute

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Westlake ,brisbane
    Posts
    2,225
    Bit more news from JD this morning. He said he had a heavy turn up to collect the money for his mate . JD's wife told him the insurance wants them to do bank deposit so his mate will need to come with bank details & ID. I advised JD to let the police know what is going on they may want to be there if the guy turn's up . On closer inspection whoever took it changed his new battery for one that dose not hold a charge.
    JD said he hopes he dose not end up in casualty. He dose not think they will give name or ID & won't make them selves available for police.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bunbury, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950landy View Post
    Bit more news from JD this morning. He said he had a heavy turn up to collect the money for his mate . JD's wife told him the insurance wants them to do bank deposit so his mate will need to come with bank details & ID. I advised JD to let the police know what is going on they may want to be there if the guy turn's up . On closer inspection whoever took it changed his new battery for one that dose not hold a charge.
    JD said he hopes he dose not end up in casualty. He dose not think they will give name or ID & won't make them selves available for police.
    Stolen Range Rover ClassicStolen Range Rover Classic
    Wow.
    I wonder if insurance had already paid out?
    I'd be getting the vehicle offsite and safe somewhere.
    Yes and letting the Police know ASAP.
    Chris


    2014 D4 TDV6
    1954 86" (I'll finish it one day.....)
    1980 Stage 1 v8

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bunbury, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Conspiracy theory time...
    Did JD owe someone money? They took his RR but then realised they couldn't convert it to cash, and now just want cash the old fashioned way? I hope not and all is as it is at face value....
    Chris


    2014 D4 TDV6
    1954 86" (I'll finish it one day.....)
    1980 Stage 1 v8

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Westlake ,brisbane
    Posts
    2,225
    He had it advertised as stolen & was offering $1000 reward, that's what they are after. Police have told him it is up to him if he wanted to hand over the cash but didn't recommmend it.
    He is just waiting to see what comes next.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bunbury, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950landy View Post
    He had it advertised as stolen & was offering $1000 reward, that's what they are after. Police have told him it is up to him if he wanted to hand over the cash but didn't recommmend it.
    He is just waiting to see what comes next.
    Thanks for the explanation. Makes much more sense now.
    I hope he gets it cleared up soon.
    Chris


    2014 D4 TDV6
    1954 86" (I'll finish it one day.....)
    1980 Stage 1 v8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!