Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Fusible link melted

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ballarat
    Posts
    233

    Fusible link melted

    The other day on my 300Tdi Disco, I used jumper leads from my Aux. Battery to the start battery as it didn't have enough to start the car. As I turned the engine over I noticed smoke from under the bonnet and a small flame from the burning insulation around the fusible link. I can't understand why a fuse isn't used instead of the fusible link, which is a fire hazard. Now I will have to replace the wiring as the wire to all glow plugs has burnt/bubbled insulation as well,(after I find out the cause of the short) but my question is, What size Maxi fuse should I use instead of the fusible link?. (The glow plug relay is rated at 70A )

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Somewhere else, QLD
    Posts
    1,864
    RAVE says 60a. Try raiding a Ford - their high rated fuses are the same as the type in the Disco engine bay.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!