Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Carrum- Patterson Lakes April tips

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    8,858
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    My fishing Port Philip bay is sad. For non selfish reason I would love some tips and suggestions. I know bite size snapper all year round a little north as a fall back. Happy to PM reason for my asking for your secret spots. Mine are well known normally 20km off shore from Port fairy and a bit far for the objective for a trip or two. Thanks in advance
    James aka Navy D
    straight out to 16 mt mark or 18 mt mark and travel along that depth during snapper season in either direction you should pick the schools and the and '' the flocks of seagulls on a chip'' other boats. turn left and head south towards Frankston close in o the weed reef patches for squid. north to off Mordialloc drift for flathead.


  2. #12
    NavyDiver's Avatar
    NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverlord off road spares View Post
    straight out to 16 mt mark or 18 mt mark and travel along that depth during snapper season in either direction you should pick the schools and the and '' the flocks of seagulls on a chip'' other boats. turn left and head south towards Frankston close in o the weed reef patches for squid. north to off Mordialloc drift for flathead.
    Going to need some close up help on that during snapper season thank you.

    Saw some nice Calamari but that was WesternPort. Squid are fantastic bait of course. Going to try some bottom bouncing lures while on the sounder looking for schools this year. The videos of them doing that has me wanting to try

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    8,858
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Going to need some close up help on that during snapper season thank you.

    Saw some nice Calamari but that was WesternPort. Squid are fantastic bait of course. Going to try some bottom bouncing lures while on the sounder looking for schools this year. The videos of them doing that has me wanting to try
    a down rigger towing a lure as you sound


  4. #14
    NavyDiver's Avatar
    NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverlord off road spares View Post
    a down rigger towing a lure as you sound
    Got a downrigger Mario. I tried it for Tuna before deciding a faster tow got me a lot more tuna pain- the arms after a FEW big ones to let go after the sweet spot one or two at 50kgs to stay for Soy/Wasabi in the boat Love to give it a shot later this year. Liked your move to get a hoist in Westernport. A Captain marching this Sunday will get a hard time from me promise I will hold that chat until Mori Arms post March.


    Still need a supervisor for the down rigger sir

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    8,858
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Got a downrigger Mario. I tried it for Tuna before deciding a faster tow got me a lot more tuna pain- the arms after a FEW big ones to let go after the sweet spot one or two at 50kgs to stay for Soy/Wasabi in the boat Love to give it a shot later this year. Liked your move to get a hoist in Westernport. A Captain marching this Sunday will get a hard time from me promise I will hold that chat until Mori Arms post March.


    Still need a supervisor for the down rigger sir
    Lee Rayner put up a vid on down rigging for snapper in PPB.
    Got the late goss some mega KGW still in WP


  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,586
    I've never caught a fish but a mate is pretty keen - and he catches decent fish in the Yarra. He reckons that they go in there to feed and don't glow in the dark either.
    Arapiles
    2014 D4 HSE

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hookturnistan, currently
    Posts
    9,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapiles View Post
    and don't glow in the dark either.
    Even if they did you'd be hard pressed to spot them in the Yarra.
    ​JayTee

    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Sir Terry Pratchett

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hookturnistan, currently
    Posts
    9,008
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Got a downrigger Mario. I tried it for Tuna before deciding a faster tow got me a lot more tuna pain- the arms after a FEW big ones to let go after the sweet spot one or two at 50kgs to stay for Soy/Wasabi in the boat Love to give it a shot later this year. Liked your move to get a hoist in Westernport. A Captain marching this Sunday will get a hard time from me promise I will hold that chat until Mori Arms post March.


    Still need a supervisor for the down rigger sir
    Got a feeling I'm going to be ballast if I come out with you blokes. I have no idea what either of you are talking about. I thought it was about fish.
    ​JayTee

    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Sir Terry Pratchett

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverlord off road spares View Post
    Got the late goss some mega KGW still in WP
    This is secret code, right?

    Edit: And I've worked it out:

    In English: "I have heard a rumour that there are large numbers of King George Whiting in Westernport Bay."
    Arapiles
    2014 D4 HSE

  10. #20
    NavyDiver's Avatar
    NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,319

    Hoist Induction Session at Patterson River, Launching Way, Carrum

    Money and mouth meet- Psst its free so my money stayed in my usual tight spot

    MAY
    17

    Visitor Hoist Induction Session at Patterson River, Launching Way, Carrum



    Working on a Hoist for Western port. I am the 10am session if anyone else can come. Need a guinea pig for me to lift or I can do it to myself again

    Visitor Hoist Induction Session at Patterson River, Launching Way, Carrum Tickets, Mon 17/05/2021 at 10:00 am | Eventbrite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!