Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 814

Thread: Isuzu MSA Gearbox to LT230

  1. #801
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Torquay Victoria
    Posts
    376

    Dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Yes he is, he doesn't get on here that much these days so i will let him know.

    Well, I have been waiting to hear from Sheldon for some time now, he can indeed be hard to get hold of. My dilemma is this I have the first kit he made for others I held off putting it in because concerns were being expressed about their reliability. I have just spent the last two days reading this thread from start to finish as my LT85 finally had the main input bearing collapse. I have been nursing it for close to two years now waiting for Sheldon to send us the replacement adaptor and spud shaft he agreed too. I have been very patient and respectful towards him regarding this matter, he is not answering any calls messages from me. So what to do I have no vehicle to drive at all, a potentially flawed adaptor and no means to resolve the issue. From what I glean from this thread there are possible issues with some of these kits, the adaptor alignment, adaptor welds inadequate and spuds shafts breaking. How many people have a positive outcome with the early kits? As we all know squeaky wheels always get oil. This is very distressing and I am at a loss to resolve the situation. Can anyone help us out here, no vehicle no way to getting around compounded with no communication from Sheldon of the delivery of what he committed to is tough to swallow without feeling a little dispondent.

    Garry

  2. #802
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woolgoolga
    Posts
    7,540
    Quote Originally Posted by garryseries3 View Post
    Well, I have been waiting to hear from Sheldon for some time now, he can indeed be hard to get hold of. My dilemma is this I have the first kit he made for others I held off putting it in because concerns were being expressed about their reliability. I have just spent the last two days reading this thread from start to finish as my LT85 finally had the main input bearing collapse. I have been nursing it for close to two years now waiting for Sheldon to send us the replacement adaptor and spud shaft he agreed too. I have been very patient and respectful towards him regarding this matter, he is not answering any calls messages from me. So what to do I have no vehicle to drive at all, a potentially flawed adaptor and no means to resolve the issue. From what I glean from this thread there are possible issues with some of these kits, the adaptor alignment, adaptor welds inadequate and spuds shafts breaking. How many people have a positive outcome with the early kits? As we all know squeaky wheels always get oil. This is very distressing and I am at a loss to resolve the situation. Can anyone help us out here, no vehicle no way to getting around compounded with no communication from Sheldon of the delivery of what he committed to is tough to swallow without feeling a little dispondent.

    Garry
    Sorry garry, fill me in on your situation. You don't have an adapter housing or shaft?
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    31
    Ive got one of the cast adapters and shafts sitting on the shelf that I bought in 2017, is there a problem with the shafts breaking? I talked to a local machinist before buying it and he can make the shafts easily enough, just it was easier to buy the lot than just make a 1 off shaft

  4. #804
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woolgoolga
    Posts
    7,540
    Quote Originally Posted by 00quattro00 View Post
    Ive got one of the cast adapters and shafts sitting on the shelf that I bought in 2017, is there a problem with the shafts breaking? I talked to a local machinist before buying it and he can make the shafts easily enough, just it was easier to buy the lot than just make a 1 off shaft
    No issues with the shafts.
    My shaft did break, it was one of the very first designs, different to yours, it only broke due to insufficient welds (early steel housing) on the adapter housing breaking causing flex between the gearbox and transfercase.
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    11 Verrell St, Wetherill Park, NSW 2164, Australia
    Posts
    4
    If the price is correct, I'll probably buy two.

  6. #806
    350RRC's Avatar
    350RRC is offline YarnMaster Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bellarine Peninsula, Brackistan
    Posts
    3,978
    I think you'll find they never break these days because they're made from unobtainium.

    DL

  7. #807
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woolgoolga
    Posts
    7,540
    Quote Originally Posted by 350RRC View Post
    I think you'll find they never break these days because they're made from unobtainium.

    DL
    Doing a small run of them soon due to demand.
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wantabadgery, N.S.W.
    Posts
    2,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Doing a small run of them soon due to demand.
    Are you making the complete adapter kit or just a component of it? I'd be interested in a complete kit.
    Don.

  9. #809
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woolgoolga
    Posts
    7,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Don 130 View Post
    Are you making the complete adapter kit or just a component of it? I'd be interested in a complete kit.
    Don.
    I don't make them, Sheldon does.
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Victoria
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I don't make them, Sheldon does.
    How do we contact him to order a kit?

    Any idea how much?
    Neale

    85 Range Rover Ute (Project in pieces)
    89 Range Rover Classic (Black Thunder)
    93 200tdi Disco,(OGRE)
    96 300tdi Disco, DEAD MOTOR
    95 VS Commodore
    04 Nissan Patrol with ALL the fruit
    09 Cub Daintree Kamperoo
    12 VE II Commodore Ute DD

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!