Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: TD42 into Defender 130? Anyone done it?

  1. #11
    VladTepes's Avatar
    VladTepes is offline Major Part of the Heart and Soul of AULRO Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bracken Ridge, Qld
    Posts
    15,768
    IMHO the best place for a GQ engine is in a GQ Patrol - don't get me wrong though - I am a big fan of GQ Patrols and nearly almost sort of kind of maybe thought about buying one recently but went with a Tdi Disco instead....
    It's not broken. It's "Carbon Neutral".


    gone


    1993 Defender 110 ute "Doris"
    1994 Range Rover Vogue LSE "The Luxo-Barge"
    1994 Defender 130 HCPU "Rolly"
    1996 Discovery 1

    current

    1995 Defender 130 HCPU and Suzuki GSX1400

    visit

    Drone Flight Forum

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Melrose SA
    Posts
    2,786
    Don't want to be rude or derogatory but I find them a tad gutless even the turbo ones

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kingston, Tassie, OZ.
    Posts
    13,548
    Quote Originally Posted by djam1 View Post
    Don't want to be rude or derogatory but I find them a tad gutless even the turbo ones
    ...Certainly now, after your latest bolt on...

    JC

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Traralgon
    Posts
    52

    Smile to heavy

    doesnt diesel engine blocks need to be made of steel cos of their high compression ratios and so on..
    cars are buit for weight distribution so adding to much weight would create more problems??> Im not sure ..but running a bigger alloy motor is a great choice especially when they run water tight coil packs etc...
    and the amount of torgue you can get is upthere ..along with the sound and power of a chev....
    WHY Would'nt YA.....

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    'The Creek' Captain Creek, QLD
    Posts
    3,724
    In the USA you can buy billet aluminium (or should I say aluminum) blocks and heads for the Duramax V8 diesel, these are for very high cylinder pressures and performance. IIRC you can also buy billet aluminium blocks for the straight 6 Cummins.

    IIRC, the stock Mazda Skyactiv diesel has an aluminium block. These 2 and 2.2 litre engines have been taken up to some phenomenal power for racing.

    So it can be done in aluminium with diesels - just a matter of trade-offs.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lake Macquarie NSW
    Posts
    1,354
    You blokes are unbelievable!!!! Just modify the TD5 to suit your needs. And stop committing sacrilege. My little 5 can show up a lot of so called bullet proof toyonismo motors. Their expressions are priceless as I overtake them with my 9.1m van in tow. And yes, it is done safely!!! Apart from me not being able to see properly from the smokescreen these lumps create. Stay true to the fold gents. The TD5 mafia will fight for the cause!!
    Regards
    Robbo

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NSW far north coast
    Posts
    14,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush65 View Post
    In the USA you can buy billet aluminium (or should I say aluminum) blocks and heads for the Duramax V8 diesel, these are for very high cylinder pressures and performance. IIRC you can also buy billet aluminium blocks for the straight 6 Cummins.

    IIRC, the stock Mazda Skyactiv diesel has an aluminium block. These 2 and 2.2 litre engines have been taken up to some phenomenal power for racing.

    So it can be done in aluminium with diesels - just a matter of trade-offs.
    FWIW, pretty sure the Audi TD that was the first diesel to win the Le Mans 24hr's a few years back used a (lightweight) iron block.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NSW far north coast
    Posts
    14,737
    Quote Originally Posted by robbotd5 View Post
    You blokes are unbelievable!!!! Just modify the TD5 to suit your needs. And stop committing sacrilege. My little 5 can show up a lot of so called bullet proof toyonismo motors. Their expressions are priceless as I overtake them with my 9.1m van in tow. And yes, it is done safely!!! Apart from me not being able to see properly from the smokescreen these lumps create. Stay true to the fold gents. The TD5 mafia will fight for the cause!!
    Regards
    Robbo

    Psst, half the blokes posting in this thread don't use Land Rover engines in their respective Land Rovers

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lake Macquarie NSW
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by rick130 View Post
    Psst, half the blokes posting in this thread don't use Land Rover engines in their respective Land Rovers
    Yeah I know....so!!!!!! Not having a serious go or anything...
    Regards
    Robbo

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jimboomba(ish), QLD
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by rick130 View Post
    Psst, half the blokes posting in this thread don't use Land Rover engines in their respective Land Rovers
    Does such a thing exist any more? After all, the Pumas are Ford, the D3/4 are PSA, not sure where the Freebie or FFRR come from though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!