Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: KK liquidation?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Harper Creek
    Posts
    2,874
    Hey Rick

    Been offline a bit lately
    But we moved to the top of the Mary Valley
    In March - 10 Acres, rolling hills, just enough grass
    Nice creek

    More opportunities than Cookie for a growing family

    I think it works out at 3.2hrs to Ballina from here
    I might hit you up if I try bidding on some of the KK stuff
    They have a few bits of kit Iíd be keen on if you can pick up and store it?

    S
    '95 130 dual cab fender (gone to a better universe)
    '10 130 dual cab fender (getting to know it's neurons)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bracken Ridge - Brisbane - QLD
    Posts
    13,731
    Pretty sure a messy marriage break up of the owner triggered the downfall. Plenty of info on myswag. Recall reading a new owner is on board and will relaunch the brand.

    A guy I knew was the production manage way back with the Kimberly caravan was being developed, he said it was the first time they rushed a product into the market without full product testing.

    2000 110 Hardtop

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NSW far north coast
    Posts
    14,102
    Quote Originally Posted by roverrescue View Post
    Hey Rick

    Been offline a bit lately
    But we moved to the top of the Mary Valley
    In March - 10 Acres, rolling hills, just enough grass
    Nice creek

    More opportunities than Cookie for a growing family

    I think it works out at 3.2hrs to Ballina from here
    I might hit you up if I try bidding on some of the KK stuff
    They have a few bits of kit Iíd be keen on if you can pick up and store it?

    S
    Noice.

    I had to go to Mundubbera a few times about six months.

    Pick up is easy, and storage should be fine, as long as it isn't a chassis
    I'm in a unit with a single car garage but the Disco doesn't fit.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Harper Creek
    Posts
    2,874
    Aaaand it seems ultimate has tumbled too

    http://rvdaily.com.au/ultimate-campers-administration/


    Cleary the market for exe locally made products has soured

    Bring in the chinka Dinka specials

    S
    '95 130 dual cab fender (gone to a better universe)
    '10 130 dual cab fender (getting to know it's neurons)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bracken Ridge - Brisbane - QLD
    Posts
    13,731
    Quote Originally Posted by roverrescue View Post
    Aaaand it seems ultimate has tumbled too

    http://rvdaily.com.au/ultimate-campers-administration/


    Cleary the market for exe locally made products has soured

    Bring in the chinka Dinka specials

    S
    Yep, itís the way itís going.........

    Iíve had to start getting gear manufactured overseas......and itís not primarily price, just trying to get a local company is getting more difficult.

    2000 110 Hardtop

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    16,270
    Sorry to hear about Ultimate, following KK and Aussieswag.
    It's just hard to sell a camper for $50-60k when an equivalent import can be had for half that amount.
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,453
    Quote Originally Posted by weeds View Post
    Yep, itís the way itís going.........

    Iíve had to start getting gear manufactured overseas......and itís not primarily price, just trying to get a local company is getting more difficult.
    I order stuff off Ebay or on the net for gear all the time,particularly electrical stuff.I do try to use Aus sites though.

    Example,needed four of Anlin timers,8 pin plug into base,we use quite a lot of them.A weeks wait at the local electrical wholesaler,and hopefully they are the correct part.Order off Ebay,Aus supplier,arrives next day,no freight charge,less than half the cost of the local wholesaler and exactly the same product.

    Telemechanique contacters the same,recently needed 25 for a job,all different sizes and overloads to suit.
    Gave the local wholesaler a go,a weeks wait for delivery,and over $1200 more than an Aus site,arrived in three days,exactly the same product.

    And it goes on,if we don't do it we are going to get beaten on price by our opposition.
    paul

    D4 MY12 white,2.7(with a few more killer wasps) rear air,e diff,xenons,arb bar,7 seat ,18" bfg KO2

    2009 Defender 110 (son's)ARB
    bar,snorkle,rocksliders,rack,KM2's,BAS chip, always needs a wash

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    16,270
    I bought a Projecta charger off EBay from an Australian supplier this week which was $70 cheaper than from a local shop and arrived in 3 days, so it's often cheaper online. The local guys have to make a living of course, so my local electrician is booked to install it on Friday, as he couldn't do it earlier, and has done other good work, not cheaply, but done well so I'm paying for his skills.
    Competition is tough out there.
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers.

  9. #19
    trout1105's Avatar
    trout1105 is online now YarnMaster Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMick View Post
    I bought a Projecta charger off EBay from an Australian supplier this week which was $70 cheaper than from a local shop and arrived in 3 days, so it's often cheaper online. The local guys have to make a living of course, so my local electrician is booked to install it on Friday, as he couldn't do it earlier, and has done other good work, not cheaply, but done well so I'm paying for his skills.
    Competition is tough out there.
    I will support the local businesses whenever I can But if I can get exactly the same product online for half the price or better I will shop online.
    Some of the local businesses' here charge ridicules prices for things that are as cheap as chips online and prey on the ill informed.
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    2012 Navara twincab
    5.4m Trailcraft Sportscab Boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    292

    Ultimate purchased

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMick View Post
    Sorry to hear about Ultimate, following KK and Aussieswag.
    It's just hard to sell a camper for $50-60k when an equivalent import can be had for half that amount.
    Appear to have been purchased:

    Ultimate Campers eleventh-hour redemption - Pat Callinan's 4X4 Adventures
    Arapiles
    2014 D4 HSE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!