Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 205

Thread: Some better spy shots at last!

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Burra NSW
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nando View Post
    The 3ltr which I don't rate only really had issues upto 2006. Post 06 nissan rectified the over boost issue that caused the 2nd and or 3rd piston to disintegrate.

    The most popular y61 platform sold in the world is the 4.8ltr v8 pertol which is still sold in the middle East, south America and Africa and is know for it's strength. Nissan as a manufacturer has a reputation for drivetrain strength that not many other manufacturers have a claim to.
    Thats what I thought regarding the 3ltr, Unfortunately, I purchased a 2012 3.0ltr cab chassis and its been a disaster. With only 90k on the clock, Ive spent about $10k on it in the last 20,000km. Failed fuel rail, failed inter cooler, cracked manifold, failed EGR, rear brake load distribution failed with no parts available in Australia..the list goes on. Its a shame because the Patrol is a fantastic work vehicle and was well set up with an increased GVM.. Ive had to trade it in as it has let us down too many places.
    As for HD applications, its not towing a trailer or going to the tip or collecting firewood, For us its getting equipment into and supporting machinery in very isolated mountainous terrain. As an example, today Im heading into a part of the snowy mountains to service a dozer that will take me 2hrs in low range with a 130 Defender that carries a Lincoln Genset, air compressor, plasma cutter, 400l of water for fire suppression, oil, tools and spares. My Operator drives a 6x6 Landy that is at its GVM, with Diesel, water, chainsaws compressor spares and oil. He drives about 1000km a week, 70% of that in low range, always working very hard. Ive got 6 Defenders in these applications, and 2 Dmax in lighter duties. I believe all Utes would do what we do with them, the trick is for how long will they cope with the abuse carrying a load and what sort of real life span could you expect from them? I still own the first Defender Tdi tray top,20 years old, 585,000km and still dragging fuel and spares into forestry equipment everyday, New suspension every 200,000km, an injector pump at 390,000km and thats it other than normal service items. The only genuine replacement is a Landcruiser or a G300 ute..both are great options. So thats what I need from LR for the new Defender, Id be happy with IFS, airbags, computers, whatever..just make it fit for purpose, not a builders tow trolley for his little box trailer..IMG_2880.jpg

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rover
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Fuel guzzling, just shows how much you know. Mine uses the same amount of fuel as my 4bd1 range rover, and has 3 times the power and comfort.
    No more ugly than any car produced these days.
    You guys just have to accept that the defender has gone.
    For $67k, you get a hell of a lot of car, loads more than a defender, and just as much as a more expensive rover
    Well if you bag Land Rovers in a Land Rover blog by buying a Nissan what do you expectct? LOL 😇
    V8ís use more fuel than 4 cylinder engines.
    For $67K youíd want a hell of a lot of car - I can understand that!
    Aesthetics are subjective, we can agree to disagree on the looks of the thing.
    Yes Defender is gone, which is why Iíve held onto two of the best.
    Cheers
    1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi, retired to daily driver duties after a tough life across northern Australia.
    2014 Defender 110 2.2 Puma, long distance rover, with responsibility for the occasional sheep poo carrying and trailer towing.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South West Rocks
    Posts
    6,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Well if you bag Land Rovers in a Land Rover blog by buying a Nissan what do you expectct? LOL Some better spy shots at last!
    V8ís use more fuel than 4 cylinder engines.
    For $67K youíd want a hell of a lot of car - I can understand that!
    Aesthetics are subjective, we can agree to disagree on the looks of the thing.
    Yes Defender is gone, which is why Iíve held onto two of the best.
    Cheers
    Ahhh where did i bag landrovers? I still have one, and possibly another coming soon.
    My V8 patrol uses the same amount of fuel as my 4CYL range rover, did you miss that bit?
    $67k, what did the latest defenders cost? $67-$73k i believe? You get a hell of a lot more car with the patrol.
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland
    Posts
    4,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Is that wow good or wow bad?
    Some better spy shots at last! Like you say a lot of vehicle for the money, but also a good drive away price.
    L322 tdv8 poverty pack - wow
    Perentie 110 wagon ARN 49-107 (probably selling) turbo, p/steer, RFSV front axle/trutrack, HF, gullwing windows, double jerrys etc.
    Perentie 110 wagon ARN 48-699 another project
    Track Trailer ARN 200-117
    REMLR # 137

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    $67k, what did the latest defenders cost? $67-$73k i believe? You get a hell of a lot more car with the patrol.
    Mine was delivered end of Dec '15 and was $59k On the Road. That was 110, Black Pack, Part Leather, Sunroof, Sidesteps. Full RRP but not inflated, they threw in the HD floor mats.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South West Rocks
    Posts
    6,934
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanMurr123 View Post
    Mine was delivered end of Dec '15 and was $59k On the Road. That was 110, Black Pack, Part Leather, Sunroof, Sidesteps. Full RRP but not inflated, they threw in the HD floor mats.
    Yeah i just googled 2016 prices, no idea what they were.
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kingston, Tassie, OZ.
    Posts
    13,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Fuel guzzling, just shows how much you know. Mine uses the same amount of fuel as my 4bd1 range rover, and has 3 times the power and comfort.
    No more ugly than any car produced these days.
    You guys just have to accept that the defender has gone.
    For $67k, you get a hell of a lot of car, loads more than a defender, and just as much as a more expensive rover
    I test drove a Y62 in Melbourne, mix of traffic and a run down the motorway saw 14/100. Very impressive transmission and interior, too. I rate them way above the Lc200, hands down.
    The Isuzu 110. Solid and as dependable as a rock, coming soon with auto box😊
    The Range Rover L322 4.4.TTDV8 ....soon with 840Nm😈 i can then alter the earths rotation...😅... now back on the road😍

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rover
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Ahhh where did i bag landrovers? I still have one, and possibly another coming soon.
    My V8 patrol uses the same amount of fuel as my 4CYL range rover, did you miss that bit?
    $67k, what did the latest defenders cost? $67-$73k i believe? You get a hell of a lot more car with the patrol.
    Yeah I probably should use more emojis 🤣😂😎. But admit it, we are kinda talking about the SUV equivalent of a V8 sedan. If that floats your boat 😎 But economical in real world use? I find that very hard to believe. Enjoy it Vern. But itís not a frugal affordable vehicle comparable with a Defender. My new Defender was $45K in 2014. Uses 10-11 litres/100km.
    1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi, retired to daily driver duties after a tough life across northern Australia.
    2014 Defender 110 2.2 Puma, long distance rover, with responsibility for the occasional sheep poo carrying and trailer towing.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South West Rocks
    Posts
    6,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Yeah I probably should use more emojis Some better spy shots at last!Some better spy shots at last!Some better spy shots at last!. But admit it, we are kinda talking about the SUV equivalent of a V8 sedan. If that floats your boat Some better spy shots at last! But economical in real world use? I find that very hard to believe. Enjoy it Vern. But itís not a frugal affordable vehicle comparable with a Defender. My new Defender was $45K in 2014. Uses 10-11 litres/100km.
    Sooo you don't believe my real world fuel figures of 12.8L/100 (4bd1 rangie is 12.6L/100)? Why would i lie about that. Which i think is not bad for a 400hp v8 petrol fullsize 4wd, which is just as, if not more capable than a defender striaght off the factory floor.
    Also your frugal defender has quite a few known issues, and isn't of the same build as an early defender, weak 2pin diff, gearbox output adapter, weak tcase etc...and a very basic vehicle. So these are things that will need to be addressed in due time. Patrol had no real known issues, the first series had a weak timing chain, and thats about it.
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rover
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Sooo you don't believe my real world fuel figures of 12.8L/100 (4bd1 rangie is 12.6L/100)? Why would i lie about that. Which i think is not bad for a 400hp v8 petrol fullsize 4wd, which is just as, if not more capable than a defender striaght off the factory floor.
    Also your frugal defender has quite a few known issues, and isn't of the same build as an early defender, weak 2pin diff, gearbox output adapter, weak tcase etc...and a very basic vehicle. So these are things that will need to be addressed in due time. Patrol had no real known issues, the first series had a weak timing chain, and thats about it.
    Nope 😊 sounds like best ever figure / wishful thinking fuel consumption to me. ...Iíd say 20 litres/100km in the real world.
    Y62 Nissan Patrol review off-road | Practical Motoring

    Iíve driven plenty of big 6 and V8ís over the years that claim 12 litres/100km. Real world 18-22/100.

    Yes Defender needs some driveline upgrades - it shouldnít be the case. All done and still under $50K. + I like the capability, character, assthetics, practicality and engaged driving experience of my Defender more than any other vehicle on the road.
    1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi, retired to daily driver duties after a tough life across northern Australia.
    2014 Defender 110 2.2 Puma, long distance rover, with responsibility for the occasional sheep poo carrying and trailer towing.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!