Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: FYRLYT Driving light review

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,191

    FYRLYT Driving light review

    Iíve been following this guy for a while.....and I reckon he sums up Driving Lights pretty well and matches my experiences.

    I have a set of 5000ís to go onto the defender as Iíve been really happy with the sets on the work cars, LED donít agree with my eyes......but Iím struggling to win the bride over as she likes the look of the small LED bar that came with the front bar.

    Given we rarely drive at night when touring apart from Friday nights for weekend getaways the FYRLYT might stay in the garage bench.

    As heís says, different driver like different light set ups. How do I disguise a set of FYELYT on the front.

    YouTube

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    EastnSubsMelb
    Posts
    473
    I subscribe to this bloke, and I watched the video last night.
    Are you not concerned about the issues he had with his lights? Having said that, as he stated, the company was more than helpful to rectify, but those sort of issues shouldn't even be a thing these days....FYRLYT Driving light review
    I do agree about the warmth of Halogen when compared to led. My light bar does sometimes irritate me particularly when low level road signs, like a keep left sign on/in a traffic island for example, reflect the light straight back at ya face. While a Halogen may also do the same, it's not as intense.
    He does good videos that bloke. He's not full of BS and seems totally open and honest.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    229
    I have a pair of Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 lights on my D4.

    They are AWESOME !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by 16PMark View Post
    I subscribe to this bloke, and I watched the video last night.
    Are you not concerned about the issues he had with his lights? Having said that, as he stated, the company was more than helpful to rectify, but those sort of issues shouldn't even be a thing these days....FYRLYT Driving light review
    I do agree about the warmth of Halogen when compared to led. My light bar does sometimes irritate me particularly when low level road signs, like a keep left sign on/in a traffic island for example, reflect the light straight back at ya face. While a Halogen may also do the same, it's not as intense.
    He does good videos that bloke. He's not full of BS and seems totally open and honest.
    I fitted them to two of my work utes.....

    Re: lenses, We went through 2 maybe three sets of the original lenses, FYRLYT never blinked an eye each time I rang, and they are so easy to change. The lastest design seem to be holding up.

    Re: beam adjustment, I agree with him there isnít much difference between spread and pencil, Iíve had both on the work utes on spread, and have the light pointing slightly outward instead of straight down the road.

    Re: light pivot bolts, on my ute one locks up tight and the other generally moves back a bit lighting up the tree tops, never forward. A tap with heal of hand re-positions it. The oth Ute both seem to move a little, one up the other down

    Re: light output, halogen really suit my eyes, I have a pretty big correction in the glasses I wear.

    They are solidly build hence I brought them for my daily driver to fit as the LED light bar annoys me on the odd time Iíve driven at night, quite often I donít use the light bar.

    Given the investment I have sitting in the work bench I should fit them. Donít reckon Iíll ever buy round LED out a light bar again.

    The price and large number of LED options, I can see why they are so popular, surprises me how little users complain about the light output.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    EastnSubsMelb
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by W&KO View Post
    I fitted them to two of my work utes.....

    Re: lenses, We went through 2 maybe three sets of the original lenses, FYRLYT never blinked an eye each time I rang, and they are so easy to change. The lastest design seem to be holding up.

    Re: beam adjustment, I agree with him there isnít much difference between spread and pencil, Iíve had both on the work utes on spread, and have the light pointing slightly outward instead of straight down the road.

    Re: light pivot bolts, on my ute one locks up tight and the other generally moves back a bit lighting up the tree tops, never forward. A tap with heal of hand re-positions it. The oth Ute both seem to move a little, one up the other down

    Re: light output, halogen really suit my eyes, I have a pretty big correction in the glasses I wear.

    They are solidly build hence I brought them for my daily driver to fit as the LED light bar annoys me on the odd time Iíve driven at night, quite often I donít use the light bar.

    Given the investment I have sitting in the work bench I should fit them. Donít reckon Iíll ever buy round LED out a light bar again.

    The price and large number of LED options, I can see why they are so popular, surprises me how little users complain about the light output.
    Good stuff. Have you ever had any issues with the globe connection that he pointed out at the back of the housing? That seemed a bit weird to me....FYRLYT Driving light review

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by 16PMark View Post
    Good stuff. Have you ever had any issues with the globe connection that he pointed out at the back of the housing? That seemed a bit weird to me....FYRLYT Driving light review
    Nope, although I installed with a bit of slack in the cable and a cable tie ensuring the cable doesnít pull tight.

    The two work utes are both nearing 200,000 on the clock.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    EastnSubsMelb
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by W&KO View Post
    Nope, although I installed with a bit of slack in the cable and a cable tie ensuring the cable doesnít pull tight.

    The two work utes are both nearing 200,000 on the clock.
    Awesome. He did mention in his video that he'd bought them as second hand. So I'm wondering if they were the first batch??
    Is good though that you have first hand experience with them.
    They certainly threw the light. FYRLYT Driving light review

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Whyalla, SA
    Posts
    5,042
    I have had Nemesis pre-release units on my LRs.
    They had challenges with the hard coat on the original lenses but sorted it with the borosilicate units.

    The mount not tightening would be from a supplier issue in early batches - the thread couldnít bottom out enough to hold the light - wasnít noticed until operational on a vibrating vehicle.

    Iíve had the D4 set at least 8 years and still on the original globes... never had a problem with the holder either and I adjust beam regularly.

    Best lights Iíve ever run...
    Cheers
    Tombie

    AULRO Holiday Reward Points Winner!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,191
    Hmm.....

    Returned from a work trip last week and did recall a slight flicker when driving lights were on....


    Had a close look this morning and the lense is separating......a little frustrating

    The lensís fitted are the latest generation.

    I have emailed FYRLYT and based on their previous customer service Iím pretty sure theyíll send through a new set of lensís. This will be my third set off lensís over 5 years.

    Anybody experienced this issue?

    The bride said maybe we should fit the set in the garage......weíll suited for a landie. LEDís are still a no go for me, wondering what other halogen options there are.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,191
    FYRLYT just called.....

    It appears the lense in question was from the first batch of the new design, the flat type which is current version.. They have since improved the glue bonding the two components together.

    Two set of lenses in the mail.

    Always impressed with the customer service.

    Given their ainít too many options for halogen driving lights Iím more than happy supporting FYRLYT, a small Aussie company mostly manufacturing in AUS.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!