Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Another project "Binatang"

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,906
    Welding together the exhaust from SS fittings bought on ebay.
    Would have been easier if we were allowed to exit on the LHS but no it has to be RHS or rear, so rear it is as too hard to crossover.IMG_1954.jpg

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,906
    Mudguards on and decided to fit inners to keep the mud away from the firewall insulation and the air cleaner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,906
    The rest of the exhaust.
    IMG_1958.jpgIMG_1959.jpg

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Westlake ,brisbane
    Posts
    1,202
    Hi Keith ,
    Is it going to rattle in that hole in the rear X member , looks very close.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayboro, Qld
    Posts
    2,423
    Looking good Keith

    I've taken the 200tdi motor back out of the dormobile to give it a freshen up. New seals, timing belt, waterpump etc. I've also stripped it down to give it a coat of paint.

    Hopefully I can remember where all the bits go In between coats of paint drying I'm working on the power steering set up, I've used series 3 steering wheel. early defender column, range rover lower steering link and range rover P38 steering box. Surprisingly this all fits together perfectly and I'm now ready to weld chassis plates and fit steering box.

    After reading lots of bad reports, I was also pleasantly surprised how easy the original steering relay was persuaded to leave the chassis.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,906
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950landy View Post
    Hi Keith ,
    Is it going to rattle in that hole in the rear X member , looks very close.
    Dont think so Wayne. Its all mounted to the body with clamps so should not move.

    Keith

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,906
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryd View Post
    Looking good Keith

    I've taken the 200tdi motor back out of the dormobile to give it a freshen up. New seals, timing belt, waterpump etc. I've also stripped it down to give it a coat of paint.

    Hopefully I can remember where all the bits go In between coats of paint drying I'm working on the power steering set up, I've used series 3 steering wheel. early defender column, range rover lower steering link and range rover P38 steering box. Surprisingly this all fits together perfectly and I'm now ready to weld chassis plates and fit steering box.

    After reading lots of bad reports, I was also pleasantly surprised how easy the original steering relay was persuaded to leave the chassis.
    You were lucky with the relay. I had to demolish one to get it out.
    How about a tutorial on the Power steering?
    I am sure there would be a lot of interest.
    I will see how this one handles , if not up to par I would like to go that way as well as its just a fun car made up of left over bits and pieces.

    Keith

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,906
    Thats the engine bay pretty well finished.

    Next, I am thinking of installing series three anti burst door locks in the doors. Get away from that slam shut business.
    Anyone done that before?

    K
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Central West NSW
    Posts
    18,973
    The antiburst locks are a bolt on replacement for the old ones except for the location of the keyhole. May need to ease the corners of the lock plate a little - it is a long time since I did it but I remember something was a little tight.
    John

    JDNSW
    1986 110 County 3.9 diesel
    1970 2a 109 2.25 petrol

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,906
    Actually its not that easy. The series one handle boxes are a bit smaller than series 2 / 3.
    A couple of new holes need to be drilled and the end cut off the handle.
    Still working on it.

    Keith

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!