Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Figured I may as well ask.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    42
    Does anyone actually have power/torque figures of the Isuzu 3.9 and TD5?

    I looked on google, couldn't seem to find that information.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by G.man View Post
    Does anyone actually have power/torque figures of the Isuzu 3.9 and TD5?

    I looked on google, couldn't seem to find that information.
    Isuzu 4BD1 in Land Rover.
    66 kW @3200
    245 Nm @1900

    TD5 (Defender)
    91 kW @4850
    300 Nm @1950

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bracken Ridge - Brisbane - QLD
    Posts
    13,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
    Isuzu 4BD1 in Land Rover.
    66 kW @3200
    245 Nm @1900

    TD5 (Defender)
    91 kW @4850
    300 Nm @1950
    Don you happen to have numbers on turboíd variants

    2000 110 Hardtop

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South West Rocks
    Posts
    6,927
    With a turbo and fuel adjustment, my 4bd1 was last dynoed at 102kw at the wheels, have since added more fuel adjustment and boost to that.
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South West Rocks
    Posts
    6,927
    Quote Originally Posted by weeds View Post
    Don you happen to have numbers on turboíd variants
    4bd1t ranged from 90-100kw
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Melrose SA
    Posts
    2,722

    Figured I may as well ask.

    I donít really know what my TD5 Defender is running but from what I understand itís close to 150kw and over 400nm
    That said I would like the time to dump 30 psi into a 4bd1 with correct tuning
    I think the durability and performance would be exceptional albeit likely hindered by the gearing

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South West Rocks
    Posts
    6,927
    Quote Originally Posted by djam1 View Post
    I donít really know what my TD5 Defender is running but from what I understand itís close to 150kw and over 400nm
    That said I would like the time to dump 30 psi into a 4bd1 with correct tuning
    I think the durability and performance would be exceptional albeit likely hindered by the gearing
    Thats what i have done with mine, goes quite well.
    Don't know what you mean by gearing though?
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Melrose SA
    Posts
    2,722
    While I love the LT95 the ratios are a bit limited at the top end in my opinion
    That said I love the idea of a well done 4bd1 maybe even a 6bd1 if it could be made to fit
    We converted a few Bedford 4x4 trucks to 5 speed with 6bd1 in the tourist industry they were a good combo but did lack torque for deep sand

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South West Rocks
    Posts
    6,927
    Yeah i hear you about the lt95, even with 35's i always tried to find 5th.
    I do like my msa gearbox though, but i will be selling that one soonFigured I may as well ask.
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,677

    Wizard

    A couple of years ago I was looking the website of an American guy who put a 4BD1T from an Isuzu truck into his SUV. From memory, with a few mods (aftermarket turbo etc) he was running it at about 100psi. I must see if I bookmarked it because it would be great to go back and see whether he blew the thing up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!