Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Chainsaw about 45-50cc

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    4511
    Posts
    19,142

    Chainsaw about 45-50cc

    Well my poor old husqvarna 55 with an 18" bar has finally died

    any recommendations on what to get to replace it ?
    1995 Defender 130 Dualcab Ute

    "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it." -- a warning from Adolf Hitler
    "If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have any sense at all!" -- a wise observation by someone else
    'If everyone colludes in believing that war is the norm, nobody will recognize the imperative of peace." -- Anne Deveson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bundaberg Qld
    Posts
    6,490
    Do you have any other chainsaws or will this be the only one ?
    PaulT

    REMLR 256 / SLOw 4 (P)

    W/Shops/trailers & GS's
    Disco's, Rangies & 110
    Series - various

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bundaberg Qld
    Posts
    6,490
    Do you have a preference for brand ?
    PaulT

    REMLR 256 / SLOw 4 (P)

    W/Shops/trailers & GS's
    Disco's, Rangies & 110
    Series - various

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    4511
    Posts
    19,142
    shindiawa and husqvarna are my preferred but am open to all ideas...
    1995 Defender 130 Dualcab Ute

    "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it." -- a warning from Adolf Hitler
    "If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have any sense at all!" -- a wise observation by someone else
    'If everyone colludes in believing that war is the norm, nobody will recognize the imperative of peace." -- Anne Deveson

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    4511
    Posts
    19,142
    Quote Originally Posted by pop058 View Post
    Do you have any other chainsaws or will this be the only one ?
    will be the only one..

    i have a small electric for pruning etc
    1995 Defender 130 Dualcab Ute

    "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it." -- a warning from Adolf Hitler
    "If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have any sense at all!" -- a wise observation by someone else
    'If everyone colludes in believing that war is the norm, nobody will recognize the imperative of peace." -- Anne Deveson

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arcadia N.S.W.
    Posts
    2,104
    Makita bought Dolmar a few years back They are very good powerful saws.
    Don.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Woollahra
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Don 130 View Post
    Makita bought Dolmar a few years back They are very good powerful saws.
    Don.
    I second that. I ran my DCS460 next to a Stihl Farmboss and the owner of the Stihl was quite impressed (my Makita is was half the cost of a Stihl). However, parts are not too easy to get hold of. I guess, it is a matter of horses for courses.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NSW far north coast
    Posts
    15,139
    Quote Originally Posted by jbe View Post
    I second that. I ran my DCS460 next to a Stihl Farmboss and the owner of the Stihl was quite impressed (my Makita is was half the cost of a Stihl). However, parts are not too easy to get hold of. I guess, it is a matter of horses for courses.
    Any Makita tool dealer can source them

    Makita/Dolmar are brilliant saws, just badly marketed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Woollahra
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by rick130 View Post
    Any Makita tool dealer can source them

    Makita/Dolmar are brilliant saws, just badly marketed.
    When I tried to order parts for my Makita from the dealer (Sydney Tools) I bought it from, the didn't want to know about it. Every other dealer, I talked to needed to order parts. In all honesty, it is faster and cheaper to order them from the US. I still think it is a vastly underrated chainsaw. The only slightly annoying point with mine is that it has a 3/8" chain and not a .325 like all Husquarnas and Stihls, which means that I can't use everyone else's sharpening tools.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NSW far north coast
    Posts
    15,139
    Quote Originally Posted by jbe View Post
    When I tried to order parts for my Makita from the dealer (Sydney Tools) I bought it from, the didn't want to know about it. Every other dealer, I talked to needed to order parts. In all honesty, it is faster and cheaper to order them from the US. I still think it is a vastly underrated chainsaw. The only slightly annoying point with mine is that it has a 3/8" chain and not a .325 like all Husquarnas and Stihls, which means that I can't use everyone else's sharpening tools.
    I had a great dealer in the US, it was so much cheaper and quicker to source from him but then he stopped doing Internet sales. Chainsaw about 45-50cc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!