Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Having trouble sealing steering box

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17

    Having trouble sealing steering box

    Been working on my power steering system recently, which consisted of replacing the pump with an oem unit and installing new orings on the rigid lines on top of the steering box. Has anyone else had trouble sealing these lines up after replacing the orings with genuine LR parts? It leaked before, which is why I replaced them, but appears to still be seeping a little on the high pressure line entering the box. The previous owner had several washers stacked on top of the plate that holds these lines down, which I removed. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has struggled getting this thing sealed up, and what you did to resolve it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDown View Post
    Been working on my power steering system recently, which consisted of replacing the pump with an oem unit and installing new orings on the rigid lines on top of the steering box. Has anyone else had trouble sealing these lines up after replacing the orings with genuine LR parts? It leaked before, which is why I replaced them, but appears to still be seeping a little on the high pressure line entering the box. The previous owner had several washers stacked on top of the plate that holds these lines down, which I removed. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has struggled getting this thing sealed up, and what you did to resolve it.
    I had the same problem 4 years back and I solved it by fitting a new pump, It has been problem free since then
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    4.6m Quintrex boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1105 View Post
    I had the same problem 4 years back and I solved it by fitting a new pump, It has been problem free since then
    I wish it was that easy for me, the new pump is nice and smooth but didn't do much about my leak. Was really hoping the new orings would dry it up.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!