Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 147 of 147

Thread: Land Rover is dead... Long live land rover!

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    143

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    The quality control comes down to Land Rover themselves so hopefully they recruit new staff and don't re-located any QC staff from the UK !


    Colin
    i hear you Colin..
    MY10 Fuji RRS, 3 litre oil burner with e-diff, OL bar, winch, RAI, GOE Rock sliders & step out bars and a whole lot more
    MY20 Eiger Defender 110 P400 SE on order

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Narre Warren South
    Posts
    4,529
    Quote Originally Posted by akovach View Post
    Gromit. You hit the nail on the head. Marketing determines the names used and that's why we have, for example, so many variants on the Range Rover. Everyone wants to be seen in a Range Rover. Land Rover have, in my opinion, stuffed the naming of models, to the point that people are confused. For example, why would you call the replacement of the Freelander 2 a Discovery Sport?? Crazy. People were saying that they wouldn't buy a Discovery because it's so small, not realizing that it's supposed to be a "sportier" (which is absolutely a disgrace to call such a car a sport) smaller version of the "normal" Discovery.
    Factories market their cars in any way to sell cars. Most of JLR's customers are not on this forum as they aren't Land Rover enthusiasts. They buy a Land Rover, mostly, because it's seen as one of the brands to be in. If JLR relied on people like us on the forum, they would have been broke decades ago.
    Maybe it should have been the Range Rover Defender ...........

    Colin
    '56 Series 1 with homemade welder
    '65 Series IIa Dormobile
    '70 SIIa GS
    '76 SIII 88" (Isuzu C240)
    '81 SIII FFR
    '95 Defender Tanami
    '60 SII 109 ute (gone)
    Motorcycles :-
    Vincent Rapide, Panther M100, Norton BIG4, Electra & Navigator, Matchless G80C

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane some of the time
    Posts
    8,646
    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Maybe it should have been the Range Rover Defender ...........

    Colin
    Probably,it has more in common with a RR,than a RR has in common with an Epoke.
    paul

    D4 MY12 white,2.7(with a few more killer wasps) rear air,e diff,xenons,arb bar,7 seat ,18" bfg KO2

    2009 Defender 110 (son's)ARB
    bar,snorkle,rocksliders,rack,KM2's,BAS chip, always needs a wash

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    20,831
    It's going to be a range, not just one vehicle. We already know a Defender Sport is coming.
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers, Polaris GPS.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by akovach View Post
    Gromit. You hit the nail on the head. Marketing determines the names used and that's why we have, for example, so many variants on the Range Rover. Everyone wants to be seen in a Range Rover. Land Rover have, in my opinion, stuffed the naming of models, to the point that people are confused. For example, why would you call the replacement of the Freelander 2 a Discovery Sport?? Crazy. People were saying that they wouldn't buy a Discovery because it's so small, not realizing that it's supposed to be a "sportier" (which is absolutely a disgrace to call such a car a sport) smaller version of the "normal" Discovery.
    Factories market their cars in any way to sell cars. Most of JLR's customers are not on this forum as they aren't Land Rover enthusiasts. They buy a Land Rover, mostly, because it's seen as one of the brands to be in. If JLR relied on people like us on the forum, they would have been broke decades ago.
    Bit of a sweeping statement, that you are obviously not an enthusiast if you are not on this forum. Plenty of JLR owners (and enthusiasts) who have different priorities than expressing their opinions on the net. But I agree that JLR would be broke listening across forums. Glad they don't. m

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMick View Post
    It's going to be a range, not just one vehicle. We already know a Defender Sport is coming.
    Donít reckon itíll be a sport....I think everybody is referring the to 90 as a sport which is is wildly different to the RR Sport and Disco Sport.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMick View Post
    It's going to be a range, not just one vehicle. We already know a Defender Sport is coming.
    which will probably be a ute version of the Disco Sport(or some other confabulated lunacy)!

    Cheers,
    Arthur.

    '99 D1 300 Tdi Auto

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!