Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 166 of 166

Thread: 18" Steel Wheels now available for Discovery 3, 4

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    759
    You can buy spacers 3mm from Autobarn that should fit for about $20 a pair. They have heaps of different sizes both hubs/ spacing etc. Be surprised if you couldnít find something to fit.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    759
    This link to a sample of whatís available
    Speco 4-5 Stud 3mm Wheel Spacers (pr)

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    --
    Posts
    16,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Meccles View Post
    You can buy spacers 3mm from Autobarn that should fit for about $20 a pair. They have heaps of different sizes both hubs/ spacing etc. Be surprised if you couldnít find something to fit.
    Just donít get caught 18" Steel Wheels now available for Discovery 3, 4
    Ex 95 V8i (Azzkikr)
    Ex 01 110 Tombraider (Lara)
    Ex 00 D2 Td5 (Seal)
    D4 2.7 TDV6 (Stormy) in Fuji White / Black Accents, E-Diff, 7 Leather Seats, Rear A/C, Bi-Xenons with LED Signature Tweaked to go



    Cheers Tombie

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombie View Post
    Just donít get caught 18" Steel Wheels now available for Discovery 3, 4
    I have taken cars through inspection before with spacers without issue. The key is they must be securely fastened to the hub and wheel bolts/studs meet minimum thread engagement or new bolts/studs used to offset the change. Also the wheel must still be contained within the body of the vehicle.
    Ones the simply sit there arenít technically legal as you indicate.

    Admittedly itís also possible regulations have changed over the past 20 years.
    2010 TDV6 3.0L Discovery 4 HSE

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Canberra Australia
    Posts
    14,260
    No mate - you might have got away with it but unless they are a OEM fit they are simply illegal in all states.

    For an expensive vehicle it is just not worth the hassle if there is an accident and you get caught out.
    REMLR 243

    2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
    1977 FC 101
    1973 Haflinger AP700
    1971 Jaguar V12 E-Type Series 3 Roadster
    1957 Series 1 88"
    1957 Series 1 88" Station Wagon

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    No mate - you might have got away with it but unless they are a OEM fit they are simply illegal in all states.

    For an expensive vehicle it is just not worth the hassle if there is an accident and you get caught out.
    Donít get me wrong. I wouldnít go there for my Disco 18" Steel Wheels now available for Discovery 3, 4
    2010 TDV6 3.0L Discovery 4 HSE

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!