Page 583 of 808 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 8073

Thread: Corona Virus

  1. #5821
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    24,568
    I read that tests show the version of the virus now rampant in Melbourne is different from the one that was there in March, so anyone who thinks they've had it already and have some immunity is wrong. If it came in from overseas and escaped from hotel quarantine then I guess that might explain why it's different.
    In the US there are at least two versions, known as the Chinese and the Italian strains, but who knows how many other versions are floating around?
    I won't be holding my breath expecting a quick vaccine to end this either. Its been 30 years and there still isn't a HIV/AIDS vaccine.

  2. #5822
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    7,608
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMick View Post
    I read that tests show the version of the virus now rampant in Melbourne is different from the one that was there in March, so anyone who thinks they've had it already and have some immunity is wrong. If it came in from overseas and escaped from hotel quarantine then I guess that might explain why it's different.
    In the US there are at least two versions, known as the Chinese and the Italian strains, but who knows how many other versions are floating around?
    I won't be holding my breath expecting a quick vaccine to end this either. Its been 30 years and there still isn't a HIV/AIDS vaccine.
    Obviously it liked Melbourne that much, it would have been rude not to revisit.

  3. #5823
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMick View Post
    Its been 30 years and there still isn't a HIV/AIDS vaccine.
    Apparently HIV is a special case due to its nature, and there was a HIV vaccine trialled in Thailand in the early 2000s that had some success. Coronavirus appears to be more straightforward, which is why the Oxford team say that theirs will be successful.
    Arapiles
    2014 D4 HSE

  4. #5824
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The new Gold Coast, after ocean rises,Queensland
    Posts
    10,883
    Oh well, I've had to give up my second trip for the year.

    After getting all my border clearances and then packing up setting up the ute ready for a departure next tuesday we were informed that as a result of those two lovely girls...(what do they look like to you?)... , Brisbane , Ipswich and Logan City have been named as hot spots and now I can't cross borders as I have been in or near affected Logan areas in that time period.

    To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

    To say I feel resentment to those girls is another understatement.

    Some of you may recall I went through this in April as well.

    So I'm feeling effects of the affects in my own way.....

    Not happy Jan.

  5. #5825
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    7,608
    JEEEEEZUZ, those Sheilas ! Not half causing some problems for people. rb. what about a hang Glider over the border? At night. It would be fairly quiet as well.

    I know, carrying your billy can & hatchet might cause a problem but not if you get one large enough. Remember Colditz?

  6. #5826
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    24,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblingboy42 View Post
    Oh well, I've had to give up my second trip for the year.

    After getting all my border clearances and then packing up setting up the ute ready for a departure next tuesday we were informed that as a result of those two lovely girls...(what do they look like to you?)... , Brisbane , Ipswich and Logan City have been named as hot spots and now I can't cross borders as I have been in or near affected Logan areas in that time period.

    To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

    To say I feel resentment to those girls is another understatement.

    Some of you may recall I went through this in April as well.

    So I'm feeling effects of the affects in my own way.....

    Not happy Jan.
    How about a trip staying in Qld?

  7. #5827
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1105 View Post
    What on earth gives ANYONE the RIGHT to put others in mortal danger to earn a living??
    Good job you didn't join the army!

    Edit...


    Bloody hell, this thread is moving fast. I responded to a two day old post and then scroll a ton to find my post down here.... I'm well off the pace .

    Question: Who deserves to go to prison more. The employed professionals who ****ed positive cases instead of doing their job or the 'fish lipped' women who didn't think they would make contact with covid?

    What are the names of those security guards btw?

  8. #5828
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    6,439
    Quote Originally Posted by manic View Post
    Good job you didn't join the army!
    The Australian Military use lethal force with the Sanction of the Australian Government, The people that have been killed/injured by the ADF are a direct result of orders from that Government.
    The people being killed/infected by the despicable behavior of Some of the people infected with COV19 has NO comparison whatsoever with what the ADF do in the execution of their Duty.
    YES I was in the Australian Army, Where do/did you serve??
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    4.6m Quintrex boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

  9. #5829
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    16,815
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1105 View Post
    The people that have been killed/injured by the ADF are a direct result of orders from that Government.
    Well unfortunately that may not be a true statement in light of recent revelations.
    REMLR 243

    2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
    1977 FC 101
    1973 Haflinger AP700
    1971 Jaguar V12 E-Type Series 3 Roadster
    1957 Series 1 88"
    1957 Series 1 88" Station Wagon

  10. #5830
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Normanhurst - Sydney
    Posts
    8,030
    This is worth watching - don't underestimate COVID-19
    An Australian doctor’s harrowing COVID-19 experience - YouTube
    Roger



    "Experience is something you don't get unless you have a go."

Page 583 of 808 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633683 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!